History of the Kingdoms

THIS IS NOT A CHAPTER IN THE STORY, JUST INFORMATION ABOUT THE KINGDOMS, EXPLAINING SOME POINTS THAT COULD BE CONFUSING.

The kingdoms have always been there, a separate world sitting parallel with the human world, with portals across the earth leading in (like the gateway in the roses palace)

There are five kingdoms:

Eagles-oldest, over 2,600 years old

Roses

Diamonds

Suns

Swords-youngest, just around 2,100 years.

Across the years, groups of people broke away from the original kingdom the eagles, for many reasons, mainly for wanting power themselves. These breakaways then created their own kingdom. By chance or not, we don't know, these breakaways, have always been royal, meaning they have magic in their blood.

Nowadays, each kingdom has around equal amounts of followers and loyal populations, but few have the magical quality (only royals like Alana and Morgan)

Each kingdom has their own persona:

The eagles are rich and cunning and clever - the ones you go to for information. But some find their aristocratic behaviour annoying. They are probably the lead kingdom.

The roses have always had powerful and beautiful women as thier rulers, and they are extremely good at magic. They are close allies with the Suns and have a long history with the Swords with arguments and romances.

The diamonds are pure and good and clever, their magic having a strength in healing, however they are quite uptight and may seem unfriendly.

The suns are happy, cheerful and peaceful, normally the kingdom that asks and tries to get peace, rarely engaging in battle. They normally produce a lot of food and 'nick-nacks'.

The swords are strong and strategic, winning all the wars, but normally starting them. They are known to have strong male leaders, and they make the best weapons and armour you can find.

There was once a sixth kingdom, the Dragons, who were seen as 'corrupt' but if they we're is unclear. They always seemed slightly apart from the rest of the kingdoms but they were invaded by the swords 15 years ago.

There have been 4 significant battles, the first over 2000 years ago, when the 5 kingdoms were just starting out, and it was the biggest and longest war with the most casualties. It was between the eagles and the diamonds, and it started as an argument over who's kingdom was the wisest. It lasted 62 years, and in the end no kingdom won, there just an agreement to stop fighting, which was put forward by the suns.

The second war was 1000 years ago, and was between the eagles and the swords. It started in a tavern, as a bet to see which kingdom could win a war. The guards who started it disappeared when the war started and were never seen again. The war lasted 20 years, and the swords won, their first win of many battles.

The third war was 80 years ago, and was between the diamonds and the swords, the swords believed the diamonds were keeping information from them, and they thought the diamonds were scheming against them. The swords won, leaving the diamonds with a huge death toll.

The fourth war was when the swords defeated the dragons. A lot of magic was used in this war, with Swords nearly completely wiping out all of the dragons population. The land the dragons use to own became part of the swords kingdom, but people rarely go in there believing it is haunted.

The actual geography of the kingdoms, varies dramatically.

There is the warm, tropical flat land that the suns have claimed, and the icy, mountainous land of the diamonds, the rolling hills in the Mediterranean land of the Roses, the cool ancient forest land that the swords own, and the eagles who are the centre of the other lands and so receives the weather from all the other kingdoms.

The land and weather has contributed to the power of the kingdoms, with the Roses, Eagles and Swords being the strongest as they are able to produce a wider variety of items.