Chapter 8 ~Alana~

I was in high moods when I left the swords palace. I obviously had no clue where this Trojan forest was, or where the old woman would be inside it. The only thing I knew about the forest was that it used to belong to the Dragon Kingdom- that is before it was taken over by the swords.

I walked along the small dirt path, looking across the fields, and at the small villages in the distance. It always amazed me how different the kingdoms were to the human world. It seemed medieval in its development, thatched cottages, barns and no cars and not many of the people in the kingdoms knew about earth.  

The palaces were totally different though, normally the king or queen interacted with earth and mortals, living just inside the portal. Thankfully this means the palaces are rather modern, even if most the people aren't.

As I walked I let my mind wonder:

I wonder what Morgan is doing? Probably working out... Shirtless... Flexing his muscles...his lips pursed in concentration...  

I let out a sigh, smiling.

What is WRONG with me? Since when do I day dream about boys? Well since when do I run away from home, to find some old woman who may be completely insane and will kill me and eat me and...

Oh God Alana, good way to scare yourself.

As a cold wind blew over me, I shivered, thinking of sitting at home in my room with a hot chocolate. Not that being at home would be any better than here.

Who is Sylina? Why didn't mum ever tell me about her? Why did she leave? Where did she go?

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a dark figure.

Is it the old woman trying to kill me?

I turned round and looked at the path. Empty. Suddenly nervous, I turned round and started walking faster trying to escape the feeling someone was following me.

 It suddenly dawned on me that I had no clue where I was going, I was just aimlessly, following the dirt path. I stopped abruptly and pulled a map out of my rucksack. I opened it up and looked over the crinkled paper, squinting at the tiny words.

Swords kingdom, where's the palace? A hah.... Trojan forest, where are you? Gotcha!

I grinned triumphantly, staring at the green patch of paper.

I'm going the wrong way!

I frowned, annoyed. The Trojan forest was in the other direction, it'll take ages to get there. With a sigh, I turned round and speed walked in the opposite direction.

I hate walking. With a passion.

************ 

I stood at the outskirts of Trojan Forest, peering in. Tall trees towered over me, their inky leaves blocking out the sunlight.

It's dark and cold. Why the hell am I dong this? For mom. For revenge.

I scowled.

Why is my inner voice so annoying?

Then with a deep sigh, I walked into the forest.

As soon as I entered, I felt consumed and alone. It was completely silent, at least on the path I could hear birds and the odd animal; here there was nothing.

I bet I could hear a pin drop.

I walked slowly, stepping over fallen branches, crunching over dead leaves, squinting in the dim light.

It's so creepy. Like little red riding hood... Or Hansel and Gretel...

After a while, the trees started the thin out, and in the distance I could see something that looked like a huge house.

As I got closer, I could see the house better and to be honest it looked better from a distance.

It was light grey, and  the exterior was crumbling and overgrown with ivy. One wing hand no roof, and the others barely looked intact. At the front of the house, behind the steps leading up to the broken wooded door, were two broken pillar and above the door was a scratched out dragon that had been carved into the stone. It's it's hay day it had probably been beautiful, I could see empty flower beds, and window boxes that were probably filled with tulips and lobelia. Above every window carved intricately into the stone was something that bared resemblance to a dragon, but they all looked slightly defaced.

I looked up at the little sky I could see and realised it was getting dark.

I don't want to go in... Quit whining Alana, pull yourself together, she ain't gonna eat you.