Chapter 24 ~Sylina~

...and we were stunned when told that you did not believe the facts that came out the mouth of his own son. We thought that a Ruler of a Kingdom like yours would have more morality than that. 

We hope to hold a meeting soon to discuss the consequences and actions that are to be done. All Rulers are requested to attend without failure, except for the sinner himself. 

Yours sincerely, 

His Royal Highness, the King of Diamonds.

Oh crap.

That was the final letter delivered to me about the same thing. The other two were from the Queen of Suns and the King of Eagles.

They all knew.

What was I going to do?! I couldn't pretend to not believe it any more! They'd all figure it out soon, and God knows what'll happen to me.

I sat in my chair, looking up to the ceiling in search of a plan. Nothing.

I have to warn him. I have to tell him that they all know, and that our plan is very slowly unraveling right before our eyes, all because of his dreaded son and my sister. My disgusting little sister who wouldn't even exist if my mother- our mother- hadn't failed to keep me with her. She failed so badly that she couldn't even admit it to her second daughter.

I must go to him- he would know what to do. After all, I am even part of his plan. He took me to his palace when I was only one year old, nurtured me, taught me, and gave me a home. He cared for me so much more than he cared for his own son, and so much more than my own mother would. He brought me up, so that one day, we could rule the kingdoms, together.

I leapt up from my chair and rushed to my bedroom, sitting down at my desk with pen and paper, placing my head in my hands.

He'll be angry. I've failed him, and after everything he's done for me- looked after me, cared for me, taught me about magic and made me queen. He worked so hard for me, I remember he would always coverup anything I did wrong, like when I killed all the plants in his palace when I was learning magic. He wasn't angry, he just smiled, said 'oops', and threw the plants away- all 300 of them. I've always tried so hard to impress him, to show him that I deserve his patience, especially since he found his own son a fail.

He's going to be so mad to find out that his own son was involved with this. Who knows what he'll do?

I started to write, trying to stop my trembling hands.

Dear Lucifer,

I hope all is well with you, but I am afraid there is a problem back home. Alana has found out about what happened between you and her mother. This may be even harder to hear, but I'm afraid your son is the person who has told Alana and she is after revenge, with his help.  

All the other kingdoms now know and are trying to convince me that it is you who did it. 

I'm not sure what they are planning to do but I think it'll be drastic.  

I am sorry I have to be the bearer of bad news.

~Sylina~

I folded up my note and slipped it into an envelope before handing it to a maid to send off.

Why can't Lucifer get the hang of text messaging? It'd be so much quicker.

What will he do? They may declare war, but his kingdom alone won't be able to defend itself. If I make the roses side with him, people may realise that we're working together, and it'll ruin everything. Lucifer's whole plan will go down the drain- he'll lose power of his kingdom, The Dragons, everything.

I wondered down to the kitchen (being queen wasn't as fun as I thought). It felt nice to be able to go wherever I wanted; back in the swords palace, there were hundreds of restricted rooms and corridors, probably where Lucifer's family lived.

I had no idea what I was to do now. I couldn't hide this any longer to Alana; soon enough she would break me, I knew it. It was scary how similar we thought. And Morgan being at her side will not help.

My spine shivered at the thought of me being caught.

What if the note doesn't send off?

No, Sylina, you're just being paranoid.

But I couldn't stay here. There would be a rebellion soon enough, and I would be doomed. I had already failed Lucifer. Now all I could do was warn him, and fend for myself.