Chapter 14 ~Alana~

"Now you learn to move objects." He yawned.

"We're up to moving things already?"

He nodded, with an expression that said, 'you got a problem?'

"So we move from getting dry straight to moving things? There's no 'getting wet' or something in between?"

"You wanna get wet?" He smirked, and winked.

Oh God.

He has such a dirty mind!

Although I didn't mind him winking at me...

"No." I finally said, whilst turning into a tomato.

He chuckled, and tried to put on a serious face again.

"So- moving things" he said, changing his voice back to teacher mode. He seemed quite sexy as a teacher, being all assertive...

Shut up Alana, teachers talking!

"OK." I mumbled, reaching for my 'spell book'.

He took it just out of my reach, almost making me tumble on top of him.

Goshhh...that would've been really embarrassing, though in a way I wish I had landed on him.

"This is still a simple spell, so it isn't in the spell book. The spell book is only here for difficult spells, like changing the weather, enchantments, like putting someone to sleep, and reverse-enchantments, which is just taking the enchantment off somebody." He explained, with much patience.

"In other words, you're not good enough for the spell book yet."

Oh.

"Thanks for the encouragement." I grumbled, with as much sarcasm as possible, just to make it obvious how annoying that last statement was.

"You're welcome." He replied, obviously just to annoy me.

"So what do you want me to move?" I said, sounding maybe just a little to keen to learn this spell.

"The question is, what CAN you move?" He winked again.

Ugh. What gives him the right to be so full of himself?

"Just tell me what to do." I practically begged.

"Just think of it moving." He replied, making it sound like the simplest thing ever.

"It's a bit like getting dry- you have to think of yourself as the object moving from one place to another"

Sounds simple enough. What shall I move? I know...

I closed my eyes, and with all my might, thought of it moving. Of it travelling over, lifting up. It was quite hard pretending to be it, though, moving it from one place to another. I scrunched up my eyes, ignoring the snigger from Morgan. Move, lift and move.

"Oh come.."

I bet he says that to all the girls...

Suddenly, Morgan lifted up, and plonked down on my side of the fire (or pile of branches, as it was now).

It worked! And it took a lot less time!

I couldn't help but laugh at the expression on his face.

Bet he wasn't expecting that!

"Now-that was not funny." He tried not to smile.

*********

The whole day passed a lot quicker than expected. Especially now I had mastered the basics. I managed to learn a lot more tricks, all of which were apparently not good enough to be in the spell book.

I learnt to levitate, to make things disappear and appear, and to make things float. Everything came so much easier after I learnt to dry myself, and I was proud. I could tell that, in some way, Morgan was proud to. His look turned triumphant every time I managed to do something, although he tried to hide it with a bored expression. It was fun as well, I did most of the things to Morgan, like when I levitated him, causing him to scream like girl.

I gazed up into the sky, to see the stars glittering, brighter than the past few nights. Beautiful.

There was one that shone extra brightly, though. I thought of that as my mum. She was shining even brighter, because she, too, was proud that I had started to master magic.

I knew it.