Chapter 2 ~Morgan~

I let out a sigh of relief, glad we were safe. Well, I'm glad she's safe, that Alana girl. I knew I'd be safe, though I never knew she was one from the Kingdoms, too.

I wonder which one. She's definitely not one of us , the Kingdom of Swords. We're not that ... wimpy.

She seemed quite stuck up, so was she from the Kingdom of Eagles? Nah; too innocent...so the Kingdom of the Sun? But her skin was so light and she wasn't so cheery, like she was from the Kingdom of Diamonds.

No, there was no way she could be from there; she was too...pretty. Her long, brown hair, with honey and mahogany highlights perfectly caressed her elegant face, her skin-pale but flawless and her blue eyes shone like sapphires reflecting the orange flames. She wasn't pretty, she was more than that. she was beautiful.

She definitely belonged to the Roses.

What?!

No!

I did NOT just call someone beautiful!

No.

What. The. Hell. Since when did I turn so soppy?

I walked out onto the school tennis courts- the fire assembly point for the sixth form centre, and tried to recover from my soppiness by thinking manly thoughts, like weight lifting and swords.

That Alana girl was walking a few paces infront of me, head down. I was surprised, actually; most other girls would be batting their eyelashes and giggling at every word I say by now.

But I suppose we have just been in a fire. She's probably scared to death. Like I said before-wimp.

I don't think she even knows who I am. How powerful I'll be. She really is clueless. Dad would probably go as far as to call her 'another brainless pretty bimbo'

As we were dismissed by a rather traumatised head-of-sixth-form, who seemed to just want to go home and drink a whole bottle of wine, I noticed that Alana had disappeared.

I scanned the busy playground, before I started walking faster, then breaking into a jog, until I saw her silhouette ahead of me.

And yes, I was stalking her. I'll admit it. But you would, too, if you had finally found someone the same as you, right?