Chapter 10 ~Morgan~

I had no idea where Alana was going, I don't think she did either. I followed her for a day or two, having a mini panic attack when she decided to abruptly turn the other direction. I had to leap into a near by bush to hide. I don't think she noticed; she was in her own little world.

When she arrived at the Trojan forest, I knew exactly what she doing and who she was going to see. One of my cousins had told me all about his "batty great aunt" who believed she could contact the dead. He used to live in an old Dragon mansion, but moved a few weeks ago, letting his aunt live there.

I can't say I blame Alana, though- if my dad died- no, bad example. Let's start again. If someone I loved was murdered, I would find out who-even if it meant going to some crazy woman who probably wanted to sell her as a slave!

I can't believe I'm related to that woman!

Anyway, Alana's lucky she has me, really lucky, I bet the old woman would have had her way, and sold her- if she had caught up. I can't believe how fast Alana ran, almost faster than me. Almost.

She wasn't in a good state when I found her, she had collapsed on the floor, part out of exhaustion, part out of fear, and partly because she had had some kind of spell put on her to make her fall asleep, thankfully the old hag hasn't finished, so it was only part done.

I picked her up and carried her away, it was a shame she was unconscious, she didn't get to see me use my amazing muscles. She looked so peaceful when she was asleep; the frown she had been wearing seemed to fade away and she looked so relaxed. Her long eyelashes gently brushed her cheeks and her lips were softly closed...

Luckily, I knew how to look after her, my mother had forced me to take some first aid course when I was younger. I'm not sure why she made me do it, my father would hate for me to be a healer, I would be a disgrace and bring shame on the kingdom in his eyes. But he doesn't really care about me anyway. He just uses me.

I sat by her the whole time, unless I was getting water or wood for the fire. I was so worried about her- ridiculous I know. She got worse, especially at night, her lips would go slightly blue, her breathing would be shallow and laboured, at one point I was scared she had got pneumonia.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do when she wakes up, we'll both have search parties looking for us everywhere. I'm pretty sure this is the last place they'd look, though. I may teach her how to use her magic as it would be helpful to have an extra hand.

I'm not sure how we'll get food, either. The only food we had left was a packet of biscuits and half a bottle of water (both of which I found in her bag). I still had some money, but going into the nearest marketplace would probably get me caught- and I wasn't prepared to leave her for that long, completely helpless.

I don't know if I should tell her who the murderer was. I knew immediately once the old hag said 'the king'. To me it was obvious. Telling Alena may change her opinion of me, and I don't think it's the best at the moment. I don't know why he did it... I mean murdering her- there was no need.  

What I do won't be based on what others would think of me any more, I don't care now. I now know there are way worse people in the kingdom.