Fake It Till We Make It Part 2

Start from the beginning

She rolled her eyes. “Shut up” she nudged me. “You’re my best friend, Brittney. I love you”

“And you love Dean too”

“Ugh!” she groaned, which made me laugh.

“Just apologize to him!”

“For what? For doing what I thought was right?”

“He obviously doesn’t see it that way and it’s causing you two to fight about every little thing" She didn’t respond.

Then, Sam came out to us and opened the door. “Hey. You girls ready? I think I know what we’re hunting”

Apparently Krissy’s dad was hunting a Vetala. John had taken one down back in the day. Silver knife to the heart, twist and they’re down. They like to knock a guy out, drag him home and feed slow so Krissy’s dad has a good chance of being alive. So our next stop was a diner. Sam wanted to go in alone and not attract so much attention, so Mel and I watched him talk to a waitress and then he was coming back out to talk to some girl who looked like a hooker.

“Don’t get jealous now, Brit” Mel teased. “Shut up” I rolled my eyes at her.

But then he started to follow the girl in between two trucks and it was really dark so Mel and I got out to follow. But the next thing I knew, Mel wasn’t at my side anymore. She was being thrown into one of the trucks. So I spun to see I was face to face with the waitress Sam was talking to. Her eyes looks like a snakes and her teeth were sharp. It was instinct, I guess, when I threw my leg up and kicked her in the stomach so she stumbled back.

“Sam, get the girl out of here” I ordered.

“I don’t think she wants to leave” he said.

So I turned my head and saw she was another one of these things. Then, I looked back at the chick in front of me and saw her fist flying toward me…and that was that.

My POV

I was sitting in my car with a huge red black and blue on the corner of my forehead from that chick smashing my head against the bumper of the truck. I could barely process anything at the moment but all I knew was I had to stay awake in case I had a concussion. I couldn’t believe they had taken Sam and Brit. And could you believe the only thing on my mind was the fact that Dean was going to kill me? I had driven away from the diner but I stopped along the side of the road because I felt myself dozing off. I had to call him.

“Melissa?” his voice came through in a panic.

“Yea…”

“Thank god” I was able to hear him mutter. “I just got off the phone with the girl and said she hasn’t heard back from you, Sam or Brit”

“Damn kid. She was supposed to call me first”

“She said she’s been trying. Is everyone alright?”

“Not exactly…Dean, I need you to come get me” I said and it was almost inaudible.

“Where are you?” he asked, sternly.

And that was it. He was coming to the rescue. Like always. I hated that he just did that. That he just made me feel relief to know he would be the one to rescue me.

“I don’t know. Somewhere down the street from her apartment. On I-90 maybe. I think I have a concussion. Just come get me, alright” I snapped at the end.

“I’ll be right there” was all he said and he hung up. I sighed as all I could do was wait now.

I put on some music to try and keep me awake. The events that happened at the hospital kept replaying in my head…especially what went down between me and Dean. I think the worst part was that we can’t even look at each other because our fighting had never escalating to that point before…or, at least, it hadn’t escalated to that point in such a long time. I shouldn’t have to be the one to apologize first. He’s the one who’s being stubborn and a bitch….