He got so close to me. Was he trying to go in for a kiss or am I just crazy?

I nodded and he of course helped me out of the car and onto my crutches as he had all afternoon.

We made our way across from the parking lot to the shop and Scott held the door open for me as I carefully made my way in, following close beside me as we walked over to the counter.

"Hi!" A (cute) male employee behind the counter said, smiling at us. "Welcome to Cold Stone Creamery."

Scott and I smiled and said hello.

I scanned the huge menu on the ceiling and saw way too many options.

"They have a gluten free menu here, Mitchy. Esther usually stays away from gluten too, so I learned that from her."

"Thanks" I said, smiling. "The cheesecake ice cream looks good."

"You want that one?"

"Maybe. I'm indecisive."

Scott chuckled. "I like the butterfinger one."

"Made a decision, yet?" The worker asked only a moment later.

"Yeah, I think so." Scott replied. "I would like a small butterfinger ice cream. Two scoops, please."

The worker nodded and turned to me, a smirk playing onto his lips. "And what about you, darlin'?"

I tensed up a bit. This guy had luscious chestnut hair and gorgeous green/hazel eyes, he was very pleasant to look at yet something about the way he looked at me made me feel uncomfortable.

"Um... I think I'll take a small cheesecake ice cream, also two scoops please." I replied softly.

"What was that, honey? I couldn't hear you." The boy behind the counter asked, still smirking at me.

"He said cheesecake ice cream, two scoops." Scott replied flatly.

The worker rolled his eyes then. "I wasn't asking you... Is that all you'd like though darlin'? You're a tiny little thing. I could throw in an extra scoop of any other flavor you want."

I actually considered that. "Mmmm, I'm okay. Thank you though!" I smiled.

"No problem, darlin'."

The boy then went to work on our orders and I looked up to Scott, smiling. "Hi."

Only then did I notice how annoyed he looked, but his face softened. "Hi, Mitchy. Are you okay? He didn't make you uncomfortable, did he?"

My face twisted Into confusion. "What do you mean? H-how so?"

Scott sighed. "Never mind, I don't know why I asked that." He scratched the back of his neck.

His nervous tick.

Soon we got our treats after Scott payed and went to sit down in a corner of the shop. I began to devour my ice cream, it really was delicious and I was happy Scott had offered to pay so I wouldn't have to just drink water. He was a gentleman this whole date- I mean, day. I mean, date? That's what he called it.

"Mitchy?" Scott asked, setting his empty cup down.

He'd finished already?! "You fin- Um, yeah?"

"Huh?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you. Just, you finished that really fast..." I trailed.

He just laughed. "No, you just eat very slowly. You literally take the smallest portion at a time and nibble on it. I noticed at lunch today, too."

I faked a disgusted face. "Oh my god, you've been watching me eat? Such a creep."

"Oh, that did sound really creepy. Oops. No, but I actually think the way you eat is super cute, though."

"Thanks?" I chuckle awkwardly.

"No, I mean't- God, there's no way of saving that. I'll just face it, I'm a total creep who likes watching your every move. You're cute."

I felt my face heat up. "Scotty, stop..."

He just laughed.

Once he calmed down he spoke again. "Anyways I was gonna ask about like, today... Was it a date? I mean, is that what you want it to be?"

I got shy and didn't know how to respond.

He continued. "Because that's what I want today to be and-and I really enjoyed spending time with you. Even when we were just talking to each other that day in the smoothie shop, or when I saw you in the hospital... I always wanted to just take you out somewhere so we could hang out for real, and today has exceeded all of my expectations, so... If you don't mind my asking, will you go on a second date with me sometime?"

There was no way now that I could hide my blush, however I did try hiding my sweating palms by wiping them on my black jeans. I fumbled around with one of the holes in my jeans when I felt the corners of my mouth creep out into a grin. The butterflies, my beating heart... How could he make me feel this way? Maybe because he had been so incredibly nice and sweet, maybe because I could finally admit I have a crush on him.

"I'd really like that." I replied, almost inaudibly.

"Yes!" He exclaimed, making a little fist pump while biting his bottom lip. "I really like you, Mitchy."

"I-I like you, too." I whispered, not sure whether or not he heard me.