Chapter Forty Seven

Omnia's POV.

"What do you mean he's standing right there?" I pointed at the child again hoping that this time he will see what I'm talking about but it was the same result.

"I don't see anything, Hayati are you okay?" He says as he touches my forehead trying to see if it was hot.

" I'm perfectly fine but..." Just as I was about to carry on speaking the child start

"You sure about that cause you just killed a child, your child" the child says as he walks closer to me.

"I didn't mean to, and stop where you are" I put my hand in front of me, hoping that he would listen, but the child remained taking smaller steps towards me.

"Omnia I'm going to call the doctor" Amir gets up to go but I grab hold of him, before he even takes his first step away from me.

"Don't leave me alone with him, he might hurt me please" looking up at Amir he gave me a look that he never targeted towards me before.

Sympathy.

"You don't believe me do you?" I say as I let go of his hand.

"Ofcourse no one is going to believe you, you are crazy, a crazy murderer" the child stops right in front of me, seeing how close he was I jumped backwards to get away from him but I didn't get far because of the head board.

"I'm not crazy, or a murderer" I put my hand on my ears hoping to not hear anyone's voice.

"Yes you are" I saw the child's lips move, and before I could deny anything, he jumps on me. I quickly lift my hand up to hold him away from me but he went right though me and in me.

"Honey I'm going to call the doctor I'm worried" Amir kisses my forehead and walks out to get the doctor.

It's your fault that your child is dead. I heard that same voice repeatedly saying in my head. He repeated it so many times within one minute my brain started to believe it.

"It's my fault" my lips unintentionally said. I slowly got up from the bed, although I felt pain on my head it wasn't as strong as the pain I was currently feeling in my heart.

As I was about to walk out I saw Amirs long coat on the corner of the bed, I quickly took it and wore it, hoping that no one would know I'm a patient under this long black coat.

I slowly started to make my way out of the room and into the corridor. The corridors were filled with people, which was good because it'll be easy for me to walk out without getting caught.

"It's my fault" I repeatedly whispered to myself.

And you need to get punished. The voice says.

"And I need to get punished" I repeated what he said, since it was true I can't kill a child and expect to be forgiven without a punishment.

Turning to the left  I finally saw the exit door straight ahead of me, the moment I saw it I felt happiness inside me, there was something I need to do and exiting this hospital was the first thing I had to do before I could do anything else.

"I need to be punished" I repeatedly whispered to myself.

You want your child to forgive you for killing him? The voice asks.

"Ofcourse I do I'll do anything" I whispered the answer.

Then you must punish yourself he was right, the only way I could be forgiven is by punishing my self since this is the consequence of killing a pure innocent child.

As I took the first step out of the hospital I felt so good, the wind was so cold and felt wonderful on my face.

Punishment

Punishment

I repeatedly repeated that word as my foot started to lead the way. I didn't know where I was going but I could tell my body knew since it was making turns without me even knowing where I'm going.

I don't know how long I have been walking, but all I can say is that it wasn't long before I finally stopping in front of a pedestrian, I waited for the light to go green before I start to walk.

As I waited for the sign to walk, I felt a vibration in Amirs jacket, I stuck my hand in the pocket and took out Amirs phone, looking at the screen it was an unknown number.

Looking up at the light I see it has finally turned green i carry on walking as I ignore the vibration in my pocket.

The vibration would stop and start over again repeatedly until I could no longer take it.

"Hello?" I picked up the phone.

"Omnia where are you, where did you leave to?" I heard panic make its way out of Amirs voice as he spoke to me.

"I'm going to..." I finally stop at my destination, 

The bridge.

I slowly lifted my leg up so that I would be able to climb to the edge. When I was finally up, I looked down and I saw the bottom of the bridge, the water seemed so calm yet so dangerous.

Come on tell him I heard the child's voice say in my mind.

"Receive my punishment" I finally said as my body unintentionally takes a few steps towards the edge.