Chapter six

"You?" I unintentionally pointed my finger as I looked at him, shocked no this can't be the person, their must be a misunderstanding, yeah maybe he's related to my husband to be. Looking behind him I stand still as I wait for my future husband to show up but, nothing, their was no one.

"Yes indeed its me Omnia" he smiles at me, wait did he just call me by my name?

"How do you know my name?" My parents wouldn't even tell me his name, every time I would ask they would be like.

Everything is sweeter in time.

"Omnia it's rude to point" looking up at my mum I turn to find my hand still in the air pointing at the stranger, I quickly drop it as I stare at the ground.

Embarrassed.

"You don't remember me do you?" I look up to him slowly as I give him a confused look.

"Why would I say you if I didn't know you? your the stranger" the moment I said stranger my mother quickly looked up at him as she clapped her hands and made her way up to him.

"So it was you, thank you so much Amir, I don't know how I could ever repay you" did she just say Amir? I look up at him as he stared at me with that same smile plastered on his face. Why does he look familiar? Tilting my head to the side I look at him some more, I feel like I've seen him somewhere but I just can't seem to remember where.

"No, Aunty I just did what any human would do so no need to thank me" he looks at her as he gives her a genuine smile.

"What is going on here did I miss something?" My father looked at me then at my mother waiting for us to tell him what we were on about. My mother walked up to him as she whispered something to him that made him nod his head and say okay.

"No, we knew each other before that day" I highly doubt I've seen him before to see a face like his and forget? impossible, he was in the back of my mind ever since that day in the cafe.

"I think your mistaking me to someone else" maybe he came here because he thought that I was someone who I'm not, now when he finds out in not that girl he thought I was he can leave with his family, and I'll still be a single woman.

But you don't want that. A voice at the back of my mind said, I really don't like that voice it always makes me hear things I'm not ready for.

"No it's you, Omnia, the girl he's been making Dua all his life for, to marry" this time it was his mother who spoke, looking up at her she had a gentle smile that was glued to her face, and kindness was all I was met with the moment our eyes locked.

"All his life? He didn't even know me all his life?" They seriously must have me mixed up with someone else. I'd really love to know who this girl is. The moment I said that everyone went quiet, and for some reason I swear I saw sadness in all their eyes, even my parents.

"I'm back to fulfill my end of the promise." The stranger, Amir says as he looks me straight in the eye, as he waits for my next reaction, but I can tell you one thing, which is, he won't like how I will react.

"I haven't made a promise with anyone, and especially not you" oh ya Allah I'm getting a headache from all this drama all I feel like doing is going back to sleep, so please make them go home soon. I mentally say as I put my hand on my forehead.

"It's me Amir, your best friends from twelve years ago, remember the house before this I was your neighbour, before you had to move to another city" the moment he said that a light switch clicked in my mind and all these memories of my childhood came rushing in.

"Amir?" It came out like a whisper but everyone in the room heard it, looking up at him, my facial expression must have been funny because Amir started to chuckle.

"Yes, now do you remember our little promise, that we did before you left?" He starts nodding his head, trying so hard to remember what promise he was talking about, then it finally hit me.

"Do you know if I ever had to marry someone it would be you?" I quickly look up at Amir as I try to make my way up the branch, I felt my cheeks go red, and my heart skip multiple beats.

"Me to if I ever had to marry someone I would want to marry you to" I whisper, while I was playing with my hands, I knew he heard me because he straight away chuckled.

"So today is your last day as my neighbour" He says while I sat on the branch across from Amir, their was sadness in both our faces. He was my best friend and I didn't want to leave to a new place where I didn't have any friends.

I didn't realise I was crying until I felt something soft touch my cheeks, looking up it was Amir wiping my tears with his shirt.

"Don't cry, we will meet again" although he was sad he tried to hide it by smiling, but that sad smile wasn't going to fool me.

"Promise?" I say although deep inside I had this feeling that told me this was my last encounter with Amir, my knight and shining armour, who was always their for me when I needed help.

"I promise, I love you" this wasn't the first time I heard him say these words, but however today they had more meaning to them.

"I love you to" I unintentionally said back.

"And I promise you that in time when we are all grown up I will come and ask for your hands the halal way" the moment I heard that I felt butterflies erupt inside my stomach, if that was even possible, and the smile that made its way to my face, was impossible to remove.

"And I promise I will accept"

Oh my I did make a promise, taking a few steps back I was shocked in place, what was I suppose to do now?

"You don't have to say yes, but I just want you to give me a chance, I am the same Amir that you fell for" he smiles as he takes a couple of steps, towards me, not so much that he was in my comfort zone but just close enough, so that if he spoke I would be the only one to hear him.

"Can I tell you something?" He randomly asks, looking up at his face I nod my head, even though I didn't know if I really want to hear what his next words were.

"50,000 years before the sky was introduced to the sea, Allah Azza wajjal wrote down your name next to me" not being able to say anything I just look at him, as I repeatedly try to steady my breathing.

"Please give me a chance so that together we can help each other complete half our deen, because I really want it to be you, what do you say?" What do I say? What do I say? While I was repeatedly asking that question to myself I heard a familiar voice speak, that I didn't realise came from me until the moment I saw happiness in Amirs eyes.

I will.