Chapter thirteen

Omnia's POV.

"Don't you think the red one looks better then the orange" Aunty Sarah says, Aunty Sarah was so funny she thought everything red was perfect, because she liked the colour red.

Amir always told me his mother gets everything in red and that specifically he 'didn't want anything red' in our house because he was sick and tired of that colour.

"Aunty I don't like the colour red" the moment I said that she quickly turns around and looks at me in shock.

"You don't" all the four females in front of me said, man why did I have to bring Asma and Samira with me, now Aunty Sarah is going to know I'm lying,

"Yeah I can't believe you guys didn't know that, that's just really..." I let them finish the sentence by themselves.

"But you never told us you hated that colour, you hated orange, green and yellow and I'm pretty sure that you said red was one of your favourite..." I elbow Samira before she could embarrass me anymore.

Out of no where Aunty Sarah starts to laugh, like someone just told her the best joke of the year.

"Are you okay Sarah?" My mother asks her with a worried look on her face, I can guarantee that we were all giving Aunty Sarah that look.

"My son told you he hates that colour didn't he?" Aunty Sarah suddenly stops laughing as she looks at me with amusement still in her face.

"What are you saying? What do you mean?" I tried to play stupid, which I knew for a fact wouldn't last long.

"Don't lie, I know how much he is irritated with that colour cause I over use it, heck I know my husband to is irritated but he's stuck with me forever, inshallah so he can't complain" the moment she said that I started to laugh, like how she was just laughing a couple of seconds ago.

"Yeah he specifically said he 'didn't want anything red'" I tried to imitate his voice as I said exactly what he said.

"I can see why" Asma says as she points and looks at Aunty Sarah's trolley, legit everything in their was red.

"Okay let's leave this trolley and start over" she finally says as she takes my mothers hand and start walking to get a trolley to start over.

We were currently going shopping for all the basic items I would be needing for our house and me. I love the fact that I say our as in me and Amirs house, I just can't wait for it.

But I'm so nervous just the thought of me and Amir being alone makes my heart race, imagine what will happen when we are actually alone.

Time is ticking like crazy and we still have so much to do so Aunty Sarah and the girls tend to come over everyday so we can get as much done as possible.

Feeling a vibration in my pocket I get my phone out to see who was texting me. It was from an unknown number.

So that's just it, your going to leave me for him. The moment I read that I knew it was Amin. Looking at the text one more time I don't reply and ignored it, as I walk up to my mother and the rest.

Suddenly I feel a couple of vibration, looking at the screen again what I saw frightened me,

I know you read it

You are looking pretty today

Is that all for your knight and shining armour?

Inshallah it doesn't end well.

The moment I read that I went crazy how dare he say that, what is it for him.

Leave me alone, or I swear you will regret this, you are the one that left me in the first place so you have no right to talk like this. I sent it as I looked around trying to see where he was since he clearly knew where I was.

But you were mine to begin with, and I don't want to let you go yet. Who does he think he is talking to me like that.

I am not your property I can do what ever I want now leave me alone or I swear I will go to the police and file a complaint. I stared quietly at the screen waiting for him to reply but he didn't, just when I thought that he wasn't going to reply I receive a text from him.

No matter what you do I will pray that nothing in life works out for you, just because you did this to me. Is he crazy or something how dare he?

I did this to you, you were the one that acted like you didn't care now keep on acting and for the love of Allah leave me alone. I pressed the send button and put the phone in my pocket as I walked up to my mother and the rest.

The phone repeatedly vibrated in my pocket but I ignored it, not once paying attention to Amin.

"You girls need to strive to finding a man who is interested in the deen, because that is who your children will follow" was what I heard Aunty Sarah say to Asma and Samira.

"Just like Amir" I blurted out as I made my way to them. The moment Aunty Sarah heard me say that a huge smile made its way onto her face.

"Indeed he is" she says as she hugs me, looking at the trolley I saw more colours now other than red, which made me happy knowing that Amir will love it.

"I think we are done for today don't you think Sarah?" My mother says as exhaustion was written all over her face since this wasn't the first shop we entered today.

"Yeah indeed you are right we should start heading home to its nearly Maghrib" she says as she looks at her watch.

We all started heading towards the checkout, looking behind me I saw Asma staring at her phone as fear was all I saw on her face.

"Asma are you okay?" The moment she heard my voice she quickly shut her phone screen as she put a fake smile on her face.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be" she says as she walks up to me and wraps her hands around me, however her hands were slightly trembling, as if she was scared.

"You know that you can tell me anything, and that I would always be on your side yeah?" I give her a questioning look.

"Yeah of course, trust me I'm fine" she puts on another fake smile, I don't know whether I'm hurt that she's hiding something from me since I never hide anything from her, or worried that she feels the need to hide something from me.

O Allah I wish that whatever struggle that Asma is currently facing alone, she is able to overcome.