Chapter three

Omnia POV.

You can do this, you can do this I chant as I walk towards the cafe, that I was meant to meet Amin in. I'm going to tell him exactly what my mother told me to say, if he really loves me like how he said then he'll come to the house and ask for my hand and if not, then what my mum said is right.

No haram beginning will have a halal ending.

Suddenly stopping in my track what if he doesn't come? I look down at my chest and cover it with my hand, it was beating like crazy the closer I got to the cafe.

Shaking my head, I try to remove such thoughts from my mind, everything will go fine I repeatedly said as I got closer to the cafe the moment I was in front of the cafe door I took a big gulp and walked in.
Inshallah was my last though before I made my way to where Amin was sitting.

There he was sitting down as he sipped his coffee, with one hand while looking at his phone with the other.

"Salam Amin" I say as I sit down in the chair in front of him. He slowly looked up at me, but he didn't look happy to see me, his face just gave the vibe of a bored person.

"Salam Omnia, you said you wanted to tell me something important" what's wrong with him today, did I do something wrong?

"Someone wants my hand in marriage" I look down at my hand as I start to fidget with my skirt. Waiting for a reply from him I didn't hear him say a word, I slowly look up at him but he was just sitting their staring at me.

"Your not going to say anything?" I'm sure this is not Amin the one I talked to over the phone, the one who would repeatedly tell me how much he loved me.

"What do you want me to say, someone came for you so go for it" was he serious did I just hear that right? Shutting my eyes tightly I tried to force back the tears which were threatening to escaping, but it was no use. I felt a tear drop escape my eyes.

"So your not going to fight for this love, what happened to I will always fight for you because when I do it really means I'm fighting for us, but if I don't bother it means I didn't care, which I'll alway" tears ran down my cheeks, I could tell I looked like a total mess but I didn't care, I was hoping this was all just a dream and I would wake up.

But life can be cruel.

"You know what they say marriage is fate and destiny, and by the looks of it you seem to be in neither of mine" getting up I took his coffee from the table and tipped it on his head.

"That's what I think about your fate and destiny" the moment I said those words I quickly regretted it because the moment the coffee made contact with Amin's body and phone he quickly got up and raised his hand up as if to hit me.

Closing my eyes I waited for the hit but it never came slowly opening my eyes one at a time, I came face to face with a stranger I've never seen before. As quick as our eyes came in contact they were separated when he turned to look at Amin.

"The most perfect of believers in belief is the best of them in character. The best of you are those who are the best to their women." Were the first things that came out of his mouth, this left everyone in the room including Amin to be shocked at his reaction.

"Have you heard of that saying? Clearly not because of you did your hand wouldn't be up in the air like that" he didn't even give Amin the opportunity to answer.

"I am a believer, don't come in here acting like you know everyone you don't even know me" I can tell that Amin was getting furious, but looking at the stranger he was so calm as if he wasn't even here having an argument.

" I'm not going around acting like I know everyone but I'm just telling you something I know, it is said our prophet Mohammed (SAW) said You don't truly believe until you have rahmah (mercy) for others and that was something you just showed you didn't..."Before he could even finish his sentence Amin stopped him.

"Rahmah? Do you see this coffee that she spilt on me? On my phone? Anyway this has nothing to do with you this is about me and my love" Amin says as he tries to remove his hand from the strangers grip but it was no use, as he was no match to this stranger.

"Do you truly know what love is? Because it doesn't look like you do, to love is to accept that person with all their mistakes, failures, weak points and nonetheless you see perfection in their imperfection itself" the way that this stranger was speaking about love, he made me question my own feelings that I was having for Amin.

He slowly lets go of Amin's hand as he turns around and faces me, but the thing is he wasn't looking up at me he was looking down at the ground.

"When someone isn't treating you right, no matter how much you love them the love that you have for yourself should be stronger as you walk away."  Looking at Amin one last time, I turned around and walk out the cafe.