Chapter twelve

Omnia POV.

Wallahi, time is flying, Mashallah it's been two months since I have met Amir for the first time after many years of separation.

And In those two months he hasn't shown me anything but love which I to have developed towards him.

And I don't see my life without him.

Every time I imagine our future together all I see is us having the time of our life as we 'strive in our journey to Jannah',  as Amir likes to say.

Everyday he would say something that would make me melt and feel closer to him emotionally. No man has ever made me feel like how I feel for Amir and I wish to never.

Things such as 'our love is the best love because you make my imaan rise, you help me in the dunya and for that reason I want to meet you again in jannah. That are said by Amir is what makes me fall for him everyday.

"Omnia" a knock on my room door brought me back to reality.

"come in baba" I say as I sit up on the bed, looking up at the door I see my father walking in my room with sadness in his eyes.

"Baba is everything okay? Why do you look so sad" he still gave me the same look as he walked to my bed and sat right next to me, putting his hand on my thighs.

"You know when I was little, I use to see my parents especially my mother always crying when one of us got married" he stopped talking as he just stared into the distance with a small smile on his face looking as if he was reimagining his dead parents faces.

"I never understood why they would cry since we were still going to come and visit them. but now that my one and only daughter is getting married I know exactly why they felt like that" he turns around and looks at me, as I saw a small precious tear escape his eyes.

Moving my hand up to his face I wiped his tear.

"Baba, I will always be with you guys, you and mum are my life. Seeing you everyday is a must for me, a day without you guys is like a day without sun, Impossible"

The moment I said that my father grabbed my shoulders and brought me to him, as he tightly hugged me, quickly I followed his actions. We sat like that for minutes, as I heard my father crying.

I've never seen my father cry, or breakdown like that, their have been a lot of first that have been happening to me in these last couple of months.

"Baba, please stop crying your making me want to cry," I felt my chest tighten the more I heard my father cry, and all I felt like doing is taking all the pain that he felt so that I could see that smile on his face once again.

He slowly lets go of me, as he wipes his face with his hands. But this time their was a small smile on his face.

"It feels like just yesterday that you came up to me scared from your mother because you tangled the comb in your hair." My father says as the smile on his face brightens, thinking of that memory I started to laugh.

"Baba, baba, please help me mummy is going to get so angry at me" I say as I run into the living room where my father was, with a comb every second hitting my face.

"What happened Omny" my father says as he looks up from the newspaper. The moment he saw the comb on my hair he starts to laugh.

"What's this" he says as I finally stand between his legs.

"Mummy is going to be so mad, she did nice curls on the front of my hair using this comb, but then I messed it up, so I wanted to fix it back and now the comb won't come out" the moment I finished talking my father started laughing even harder.

"Baba don't laugh please mummy is going to get angry, help me take it out, please" I was so desperate, I could just imagine the punishment I was going to get.

"Okay stand still then Omny" I do as I was told, at this time I would do anything, even if he told me to eat olives, which I hate, I would just so he can take this comb out of my hair.

"Ow" I repeatedly said as my father pulled my hair trying to untangle it but he only kept on making it worse.

"I'll have to cut your hair" he finally said as he opened the cupboard next to the couch and looked at my mothers sewing box.

"Like cut me a fringe?" I say as I see him take out a black scissors, when my father heard me say fringe he smiled as he nods his head.

I don't know whether I should be excited or scared, I always begged mum for a fringe but she kept on saying no, and now I'm finally getting a fringe.

To deep in though of me getting a fringe I felt something cold touch my forehead, slightly looking up I see my father cutting my hair.

"And now in less then a month you will be getting married and living in your own house" my father says. After that we sat their quietly, both deep in our thoughts.

"Do you know what it means, when a man says 'I accept' in a marriage ceremony?" He randomly asks, thinking of it for a while I didn't know how to word it, so I just shake my head.

"It means that he accepts the responsibility of providing for his wife, loving her and protecting her, which I know Amir will do just fine and all you have to be is righteous, do you know why?" I again shake my head.

"because a righteous wife can make a poor man feel like a king."