Chapter Twenty Three

Omnia's POV.

"Good morning Sarah" I say as I walk into the building of Dean Corporate where I have been working for the last three months as Mr Dean's secretary.

Dean corporate is Canada's number one clothing business, and it is in the top five of the most successful businesses in the world.

Which makes Mr Dean one of the richest men in the world, with many connections.

"Morning Omnia, are you okay you look sad?" Sarah says with a worried look on her face, of course I would be sad today is the day that Amir left to London and only Allah knows when he will be back.

"Oh do I look sad, maybe it's just because it's early in the morning and I'm still quite sleepy" I say as I give her a fake smile, although smiling is the last thing I currently want to do, however I did because my mother always told me that, Smiling is sunnah.

"Aren't we all?" She says as she laughs. I give her one last smile as I make my way to my office.

"By the way I forgot to tell you that Mr Dean said that he wanted to see you in his office" Looking at my watch, I wonder what Mr Dean would want me for so early in the morning.

Walking up to the elevator, I click on the last level as I waited for the door to open. Standing for a few minutes I finally hear a ping as the door opens and the first thing I was welcomed with was my familiar office.

Walking up to my seat I put my hand bag on the chair and my coffee on the table, as I make my way to Mr Dean's office. Standing in front of his door, I take one deep breath as I knock on the door.

It's not like I'm scared of him it's just that Mr Dean is very intimidating, just by looking at you he can leave you sweating buckets.

"Come in" I heard his deep voice say from the other side, taking a gulp of air I slowly open the door and was welcomed by the back of Mr Dean's chair.

"Come in Mrs Faisal" he says without even having to look at who was at the door.

"Good morning Mr Dean, I heard that you asked for me?" I say as I closed the door slowly behind me and made my way to his desk.

"Yes, please have a seat Mrs Faisal" he says as he turns around. Looking behind me I see that the closer seat to me was the one on the right, so that was the one I took.

"How may I help you?" I finally said as the silence in the room thickened.

"I just wanted to speak to you about something that has been running around my head for a while" he says as he leans back on his chair and smiles, however I didn't like the smile on his face it had something evil to it.

"And what might that be Mr Dean?" I say as I look down at my hands, not wanting to stare at his face any longer, although it was rude not to face the person you were speaking to.

"Do I intimidate you?" He says as I felt him get up from his seat and make his way around his desk.

"No Mr Dean" I say as I saw his feet make its way in front of me and sit down in the seat facing me.

"Then why don't you ever look at my face for a very long time?" I saw him lift up his left foot and put it on top of his right knee.

"Because in our religion we are taught to lower our gaze" I simply said to him.

"And why is that?" He says as I hear curiosity in his voice.

"Because one of the major poisons of the heart is the unrestrained glance towards the opposite sex. Which results in the one who looks to become attracted to what he sees, and imprint an image of what he sees in his heart. Which can then result in several kinds of corruption in the heart of the servant." I stop for a bit in hope that he is processing everything that I am actually saying before I carry on.

"So Allah (SWT) commands us in the Quran by saying 'Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and protect their private parts. This is more purer for them. Indeed Allah is Well-Aware of what they do." [24: 30] I slowly look up to him just to see his reaction, and wallahi if he wasn't my boss and I was scared of losing my job I would have laughed at his facial expression, he looked like a lost child.

"That sounds...interesting?" His reply came out more of a question.

"Anyways why did you call me again?" I say as I  remember that he asked for me.

"Oh yeah, well you Know Mrs Faisal I just wanted to tell you that since the first day you stepped foot into this office to have your meeting with me for this position you caught my attention" the moment I heard the last part I quickly started to cough.

"Excuse me?" I quickly asked hoping that I heard him wrong.

"I Vincent Dean is interested in you Mrs Omnia Faisal" Mr Dean stretched out each word so that I didn't miss anything.

"You know that you just called me Mrs as in I am married as in I have a husband?" I asked him just to make sure that he knew what he was saying.

"Yes I know this and I have been trying to get you out my mind but let me tell you something, it didn't work and now I.Want.You" he said the last three words with so much power that I felt shivers run down my spine with every passing word.

"I'm sorry but I have a husband which I love dearly and this idea of yours needs to stop" I quickly get up and try to walk towards the door but before I could even make it three steps I felt his hands grab mine and force me to stop.

"You won't be leaving anywhere until I say so, because what I want I get" he finally said when I turned around to look at him.