Chapter Fifteen

Omnia POV.

"When do you think they will finish?" I sat in the living room with my mother and close females, as we waited for my father and the rest of the men to come back from the mosque.

"I don't know but they should be coming soon they've been gone for more than an hour"I can tell that my mum is just as impatient as I was.

"Patience is the key to success" Aunty Sarah says, although I can see how excited she was she was trying to remain calm as best as she could.

"Hopefully they already gave the sweets at the beginning and now they are nearly done with the Nikah"

"Do you have all the sweets ready mother?" I was getting nervous that we might forget something, before my father and the males go to the mosque.

"No Omnia for the last time we didn't forget anything... Come look just so you can relax" my mother takes me by the hand and leads me to the table where all the sweets that we're going to the mosque were located.

"Look here is the three big plates of the dates, two plain and one with black sesame, one plate of candy and two plates of baked sweets" looking at them one last time I nod my head in satisfaction.

"Hopefully they will be done soon" Aunty Fatima says, she's been staying with us ever since she came to visit.

"I can't believe you...Omnia, is finally going to be a married women" Samira says as she jumps up and down on the seat next to me.

"Can you Asma?" She turns around and looks at Asma who as usual was in her own little world.

"Asma" Samira repeats again but Asma was still deep in thought, she quickly scooted towards her and waved her hand in front of her face to get her attention which finally worked.

"Oh yes?" Asma shakes her head as she turns around and looks at Samira, with the same fake smile she's been wearing lately.

"Where did you go?" Samira laughs but before she could answer she repeats her question again.

"Yeah I can't believe that, this little girl who it feels like just yesterday stopped peeing in her bed is getting married" everyone started to laugh, and looking at Asma's face this laugh wasn't a fake one it was genuinely coming from her heart, which made me happy to see.

"Shut up you don't have to say it like that, I stopped peeing on the bed many years ago" I say as I throw a pillow towards Asma's face but she dodged it in the last minute and it ended up getting my mum on the face.

The moment it hit my mum on the face everyone went quiet for a couple of seconds before Aunty Fatima started to laugh her head out. Trying so hard to not laugh I turn back to look at mum and apologise.

"Sorry m...mother" I say as I try to suppress my laughter, the moment I apologised I saw the pillow flying my way and before I could even function what just happened it hit me straight in the face.

"You better be" my mother finally says as we all started to laugh. This is why I love my mother, why I will miss my mother.

Our laughter got cut of by the doorbell, Samira quickly gets up and walks to the door, since I was waiting for the phone call I wanted to be the first one to pick up the phone and hear the good news from my father.

"Who's at the door?" My mother shouts out to Samir's since we didn't hear any voice or any movement to indicate the person who knocked the door.

"Samira..." I say as I get up to walk out the living room door, the moment that I just finished saying Samira's name I saw my father standing in front of me with the men and Amir standing behind him.

"Congratulations my Baby Omny you have officially moved from Miss Faisal to Mrs Faisal" the moment the ladies heard that they started to got up and started to hug one another as they congratulated eachother.

I just stood their shocked, I was waiting for this day for a while now and now that it has finally come I'm speechless, as I felt a tear of happiness make its way down my right cheeks.

"Come here" my father says as he opens his arms so that I could hug him. I quickly run into him as I bury my face on his chest, hugging him as tight as I could. Opening my eyes I see Amir looking at me with love in his eyes.

"What are you standing there for come hug your mum" Aunty Sarah says to Amir, causing us to break eye contact.

Feeling someone touch my shoulder I look up to see Amirs dad, Uncle Fared waiting for his turn with a smile on his face.

Turning around I hug him as tight as I just hugged my father.

"Congratulations daughter may you two see nothing but happiness in your life and welcome to the family" the moment he called me daughter a huge grin made its way to my face that I knew wasn't going to leave anytime soon.

I went around hugging everyone as they all congratulated me and Amir, wishing us nothing but happiness.

When we were done hugging everyone me and Amir turned around and looked at each other, not knowing what to do. 

"I really want to hug him from all this happiness that I feel" The moment I realised that I had just said that out loud I felt my face redden as I prayed for something to come and sweep me from this place.

Looking up at Amir he was walking up to his father who was holding a small travelling bag in one hand and a small red box in the other.

The moment that Amir wanted to take both the things from his father the father shook his head and gave him the box.

"She can open this later in her own time give her this now" Amir nods his head as he takes the box and slowly walks up to me.

"This is for you" he says after staring into my eyes for a couple of seconds, I slowly moved my hand and took the gift from his hand.

"What is this? You know you didn't have to" I say as I look up to him one last time before I look down at the box.

"I love giving you gifts as I said before your happiness is my happiness and also as a Muslim I must follow what is stated in the Quran, and it clearly says  'give the women (on marriage) their mahr as a (nikah) free gift." (Quran 4:4)

As I opened the box, I was left speechless with what I saw. Their in the red box laid a golden necklace of a crown and underneath it, it said queen.

"It's not fair you are always buying me presents and I haven't brought you anything yet"  looking down at the box I felt warm hands touch my cheeks and make me look up.

"You have given me the only thing I ever wanted...which is you, and their is nothing else I can ask for" he moves my head next to him and kisses me on the forehead.

The moment I realised where we were I quickly moved away from him as I coughed. The moment people saw what I did they all started to laugh.

"Okay people lets have some fun, before the real fun begins tomorrow"  the moment that Samira said this, it hit me.

My wedding is tomorrow.