Chapter five

Staring at the mirror, I saw a sad woman looking back at me, she had on nice brown high heel shoes that went perfectly well with her long leopard skirt, that matched with her black long sleeve top. And of course to top it off the most important thing a black scarf.

Mother came into my room an hour ago, and picked it out for me knowing well that I would wear something ridiculous or do something because of how I acted last time someone wanted my hand in marriage.

Sitting in front of the mirror, I was putting make up on my face, before my 'future' husband and his family came over.

When I was finally done I stared at my reflection, and what I saw nearly made me fall of my chair, damn I looked ridiculously ugly,

Mission accomplished.

I drew on my eyebrows to make them look thicker since i barely had any eyebrows, but I didn't stop their, I wanted the mono brow look so I carried on adding eyeliner to connect both my brows.

Putting on half the bottle of my foundation, which I knew I would regret doing later, I was officially a cake face. Putting red lipstick on I finished the look by drawing a nice, big, fat mole over the top right side of my lips.

"Omnia their here come down stairs" my mother shouted from the bottom of the stairs, fixing my hijab one last time, I made my way out the door and down the stairs. The moment I made my way to the living room door, I whispered.

"Bismillah" as I finally walked in.

"Mashallah that's so very kind of you inshallah you will like ... Istakhfirallah" my father quickly stopped talking when his eyes went to my face. The moment the others saw my face they all got up.

"What is the meaning of this?" The mother said as she looked from my parents to me.

"Omnia what is the meaning of this" my father said, I could see the anger build up in his face, I'm in for it big time after the guests leave. But at least I'll still be a single woman.

"What is the meaning of what? Is my scarf wrong?" I pretended to try and fix my scarf although I knew it was perfectly fine.

"You think that this is a joke don't you? We come all the way here, and this is how you treat us, with such...with such...Let's go Ibrahim" she couldn't even finish her sentence from how furious she was, she calls for her husband to follow, as she takes her sons hand as if he was a five year old she was scared would get lost in the shopping centre.

"Please don't take offence, she's just..." Mothers voice trailed of as she walked behind them trying to cool them down, while I prayed inside that this is the last encounter I'll be having with them.

"After everything we have done for you, this is how you treat us? Embarrass us in front of our guests" after every word he spoke he walked closer to me. Finally he was standing right in front of me, I wanted to take a step back but I knew that would anger him even more, so I only prayed that my mother will come and save me like she always does.

Just as he lifted his hand in the air my mother came and stood in front of me, he was so close to hitting her and the moment he realised she came in front he stopped mid air.

"I will talk to her please, you go make Wudu as you are very angry at the moment" this is something my mother always makes us do when she saw anger in our eyes, she would says that 'Anger comes from the devil and the devil is made of fire.'

Thank god to my mother I got out of it the last time but she promised that if I ever tried anything stupid again she would sit down as she watched me get my punishment.

"Omnia come help your mother with setting up the table" I heard my father shout, the whole day he's been giving me a weird look, he's probably scared I'll do something again, to embarrass him.

Checking myself one last time, I made my way down the stairs and into the dining room. The moment I walked in all eyes were on me.

"Alhamdullilah" I heard my mum whisper to her self as she puts her hand on top of her chest. All my father did was look at me then close his eyes for a few seconds, when he opened them he was back to reading his news paper.

Walking into the kitchen, I start getting everything I need to get the table ready.

-------------------------------------------------------

It didn't take me long to prepare the dining table since It was only a table for six. The moment I put the last jug of juice on the table the door bell rings, I didn't realise how nervous I was until my mother said, 'their here.'

She stood at the door of the living as she looked at everything to make sure it was perfect. She finally looks at me and smiles, I saw so much happiness in her eyes, that it nearly made me happy to see them, key word being nearly.

My father put the news paper down as he stood up and waited for their entrance.

"Come in, come in, the house is yours no need to be shy" I could hear my mother say as she walks closer to the living room door.

In came my mother who then stood on the side as she motioned for them to come in. In came a beautiful, lady who wore a black abaya with gold decoration, and a beautiful scarf that went with it. She had light brown eyes, that went well with her beautiful caramel skin.

Following after came a man who looked like he was in his mid forties, who wore a plain white long sleeve top with black pants. His complexion also matched his wife, brown eyes and caramel skin, the only different being the moustache.

Looking at the door I was starting to sweat to see who the guest of honour was, the moment my eyes laid on him, I stumbled back a little.

Their he stood staring at me with his light brown eyes that were clearly seen through his glasses.

I couldn't believe my eyes, closing them a couple of time he still stood there.

It was him.

The stranger.