Chapter Four

Omnia POV.

Running into my room, I slam the door shut as I finally let the tears stream down my face, slowly making my way to my bed I just lay their as the only noise heard was my sobbing.

How could he do this to me? he told me he loved me, he told me he cared. I laid their for hours crying as memories of our times together played over in my head.

Staring at the sky it consists of a collection of shades a blend of reds, oranges and yellows. The waters below mirroring its effect

The difference that's created between the dark waters and the luminous sky made the horizon look like a meeting of two worlds. It being breathtakingly beautiful, makes me speechless as I sit their before it's striking sight.

But the more mesmerising sight was the man sitting next to me, staring into the distance as if their is nowhere else he'd rather be then here.

I saw his hand slowly sliding trying to connect to mine that were on top of the sand, the closer he got the further I moved my hand.

"I'm sorry we just can't" I put my hand on top of my skirt, looking up I saw a pint of sadness, well I think it was sadness in his eyes which he quickly covered up.

"It's okay don't be I don't need anything more then your love and the last thing I want is to make the woman of my dreams sad." He sat their with his hand still in between us as he stared back at the breathtaking sunset.

"Omnia is everything okay" I was brought back to reality by my mum knocking on the door, before she slowly opens it. Covering my face with my scarf I pretend to have fallen asleep.

"I know your not asleep" she says as she sits down next to me on the bed, she slowly starts to caress my head, holding in my tears all I wanted was to be alone. So I carried on pretending to be asleep, although we both knew I wasn't.

"I know you don't want to hear this, but what you to had wasn't love, it was only an illusion, you both just liked the idea of being in love" hearing that I quickly sat up, how can she say that my heart shattered the moment he acted like he didn't care, and if I'm still right I can still feel it shattering.

"I loved him" was the first thing I managed to say to my mother.

"That's right you just said it yourself you loved him, key word being loved." I scrunch up my face not understanding what she is trying to get to.

"True love never dies, it doesn't just come and go according to your mood, love calls for tolerance, patience and forgiveness, not giving up on the first obstacle that comes your way." She moves her hand up and points at my chest.

"If it was true love it would forever remain alive in your heart, as the light shines brighter everyday inside you" I was speechless and confused, I was beginning to think I no longer knew what or how I felt for Amin, or if what I felt ever was love. The way that my mother and that stranger describe love, was far from what me and Amin felt for each other.

But which love was true?

Going back to that stranger for some reason he looked familiar like I've seen him before, but where? Trying to figure out if I did or didn't my train of thoughts were cut short with my mothers next words.

"So what happened?" I looked at my mothers concerned face before I told her everything from the moment I walked into the cafe, until I walked out.

"That...that he wanted to lay his hands on you, my one and only, and yet you are here saying you love him" she starts to shake her head, I could feel the anger build up inside her.

"But Alhamdullilah that man came in between, Alhamdullilah" I saw her stare at the distant, as she bit her finger nail repeatedly. I don't know why she's over reacting like this I'm fine.

"Mother he didn't do anything" she quickly turns around and looks me up and down.

"Have you ever been in a place alone with him?" She asks me as her face turned serious, while she looks me straight in the eye, to make sure if I lied or not.

"Ofcourse not" I quickly answered her question, I would never do such a thing.

"Good, because you know what prophet Mohammed (SAW), Never is a man alone with a woman except that..." She stops talking and just stares at me.

"Satan is the third party with them." we both say in unison, as she nods her head, after every word we said. We say their in silent for a bit, both of us lost in our own thoughts.

"The family who want you for their son are coming tomorrow in the afternoon..." My mother breaks the silent by saying. Wait did she just say tomorrow? Why so soon, I haven't even got my feelings straight now they want me to meet my 'supposedly' future husband.

"Why so soon? Wallahi I feel so lost mother I don't know, what I want to do. Heck I don't even know what the right thing to do in this situation" I felt more tears make their way down my cheeks why does life have to be so complicated, just two days ago everything was working as planned and then it was like a light switch got flicked and everything just changed.

"Do you know what my mother use to say to me, when she would see me crying? She would say that some of the bad things that happen in our lives they tend to put us directly on the paths to the best things that will ever happen to us" she slowly wipes my tears away using her sleeves as she cups my face so that I was staring at her.

"Verily with every hardship comes ease [94:6] so don't worry everything will work out fine for you" she slowly brings her lips and connects it with my forehead.

"How are you so sure?" I close my eyes as the tears slowly start to reduce.

"Because my dear 'Allah does not burden any soul with more then he can bear'"[2:286] she gets up as she walks towards the door, just before she walks out she turns and looks at me.

"I just have one last thing to say to you may the man you are truly praying for today, who loves you and will bring you closer to Allah, be the man you will be praying behind tomorrow" the moment that I saw the door shut I whispered.

Ameen.