Chapter Forty Six

Omnia's POV.

"What did you just say?" I slowly turn around to look at Amir, but he didn't say anything he just sat there looking at me with sadness.

"What did you just say?" I raised my voice a bit more, although I already heard what he said I needed to hear it again to actually understand.

"We lost our baby" he finally says as the first tear makes its way down his cheeks, looking up at the rest of the family they all had the same sad expression as Amir.

My hands unconsciousness made there way onto my stomach. Me and Amir created this baby and now it's gone? No I can't believe this, I shake my head hoping that I could remove what I had just heard.

"Please say this is a joke" I slowly look back up at Amir hoping any seconds now he would tell me he is joking.

"I'm sorry habibty" he stretches his hand towards me, but then I jump away from him.

"My baby is gone" I repeatedly said as I cried.

"Hayati come down, remember that 'we belong to Allah , and indeed to Him we will return' [2:156] and this was our babies time" I knew that everything Amir was saying was true but yet I couldn't process it in my mind at the moment.

"Don't touch me, I want my baby I want my
Baby" I moved the blanket from on top of me and attempted to get up.

"Omnia lay down don't get up, you need to relax" my mother tried to calm me down, but I felt this emptiness in my heart that I needed to fill and the only way I was going to do that was by getting my baby back.

"No I want my baby, I need my baby" I turned to look at my mum as I tried to slowly push her hand away from me.

"I'm going to go call the doctor" Asma says as she quickly walks out the room. I was so happy when I heard she was going to get the doctor, because I can finally ask him to take me to my baby.

A couple of minutes later Asma walks in followed by and old man wearing a white coat.

"Doctor please take me to my baby" I quickly get up and try to go to him, but as usual Amir keeps on holding me down.

"You need to relax Mrs Faisal" the doctor says as he makes his way up to me, without saying anymore he brought his hand towards me and slowly touches my shoulder.

"Will you take me to my child if I relax?" I smiled at the thought of finally having to hold my child I'm my arms.

"If you relax and close your eyes I'll do anything you ask" looking up at him I wanted to see if the doctor was lying or not but the only thing his face held was a small genuine smile.

"So you want me to close my eyes now?" The doctor nods his head as he motions for me to close my eyes and I did exactly that, the quicker this gets done the sooner I get to see my baby.

I slowly felt the doctor lift my left hand, and seconds later I felt a sting on my arm. I quickly opened my eyes so see the doctor slowly removing the needle out.

"What is this?" I say as i try to move my hands away from him but I felt so weak. My eyelids felt so heavy as everything around me started to blur.

"This will cause her to fall asleep and when she wakes up hopefully she'll be fine, so don't worry it is just that she faced multiple traumas in a short period that her brain is finding it difficult to also process this" half way through the doctors speech my eyelids shut and I was back to being in total darkness.

"Here comes the plane, open up" I led the spoon to my babies mouth, he slowly opened that small mouth of his as I fed him his food.

He looked just like his dad, he had his dad's hair, eyes and inshallah he will even have the personality.

"Chuka Chuka Chu Chu, here comes the train" I gave him another mouth full, however the moment the spoon exited his mouth, blood followed.

"Oh my what's going on? Amir...Amir come please" I moved my hand towards our child so I could take him, but he slapped my hand. I quickly looked up at him with shock in my face.

"How many times do you plan on killing me?" I heard a deep voice escaping from the child's mouth.

"I don't plan on killing you, you are my child our child" I say as tears make there way down my cheeks.

"That's none sense and you know it since I'm dead because of you" I repeatedly shake my head, hoping he'd understand that all that he is saying is not true.

"It's your fault murderer" I quickly put my hands on my ear since I didn't want to hear anymore.

"Stop it" I start to scream and shake my head.

"Omnia it's okay it's okay it's just a dream" Amir tightly hugs me, I don't waste time as I quickly hug him and inhale his scent which helps keep me calm.

"He said I'm a murderer, Wallahi I didn't mean for him to die" I started to cry some more as I felt him sway me back and forth repeatedly.

"Who?" Amir says as he sounds confused, just as I'm about to tell him I heard that same voice again, I slowly turn around to where it came from. And there he was standing next to the bed.

"Him" I pointed towards the child, so that Amir knew what I was talking about. But as Amir turned around and saw where I was pointing I was shocked to hear what he said next.

"Their is no one there"