Awkward First Date

A/N

This was requested by EmberIsStillOnOgygia. Enjoy!

You patiently waited outside the restaurant. 

Leo had asked you out a few days ago, and you gladly said yes. So, you were going on your first date. And you were very nervous.

You found yourself really awkward and clumsy, so you were afraid of what you would do and what would happen. 

After about 5 minutes, you saw Leo walking up to the doors.

You smiled and greeted him. He smiled back and asked, "Ready to go in?" You nodded and you both walked inside.

You were both instantly sat down at a table and given menus.

As you opened your menu, you looked at the many food items. You heard Leo clear his throat, so you looked at him over your menu.

You saw him looking at you over his menu, and he wiggled his eyebrows.

You blushed and quietly giggled. Leo just smiled at how adorable your giggle was. Your waiter came over and took your drink orders.

When he left, Leo looked at you and just randomly smiled.

You blushed again and Leo chuckled to himself. "You blush a lot, don't you?" Your blush reddened as you stuttered, "Y-yeah.."

Then, the thing you dreaded most happened. Awkward silence.

So, you attempted to start a conversation. "So... I mean..." Leo looked at you, and eyebrow raised. "Well... life is... food.."

You sighed and muttered, "Never mind.."

Leo smiled and said, "Okay then.." Then, silence. So, you tried to make a joke. "What do you call a fake noodle..?"

Leo leaned back in his chair and asked, "What do you call a fake noodle?"

You suddenly regret telling the joke. "An... an impasta.." You blushed a deep red and looked down at the table. You suddenly heard laughing and you looked up at Leo.

He smiled at you and said, "You're adorable, you know that?" As you moved to cover your face in your hands, you knocked down your glass of water the waiter just brought to the table.

You yelped and reached over to grab a napkin. You ended up knocking Leo's drink over, and splashing Leo's pants.

You blushed an even deeper red, as you grabbed a pile of napkins.

After you attempted to dry everything, but ended up just covering everything with napkins, you sat down an looked at Leo.

"Sorry for wetting your pants.."

Leo just softly smiled and said, "It's fine." He then grabbed a napkin and covered his pants. "Problem solved."

You then did something you would regret.

"So, how's your mom?" (Just take a moment, and breathe..)

Leo suddenly became quiet. "She... she's good.. I guess.." You suddenly realized your mistake. "Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't-"

"No, it's fine. I understand."

Your face paled as you thought, What did I get myself into?

Leo suddenly reached over and grabbed your hand. He squeezed it and just smiled. You smiled and blushed back.

Your food finally arrived. When you started eating, you and Leo started to talk a little more about yourselves. Eventually, you finished your food and you exited the restaurant. 

Before you went your separate ways, Leo looked at you and said, "You know, I find you really cute." He then leaned in and kissed your cheek. "So, don't think that you being awkward makes me like you any less."

You smiled and nodded.

"Thanks, Leo." You then leaned in and kissed him. Leo smiled and quickly pulled you closer. After that, you both went on many more dates.

They were all filled with awkward moments and clumsy actions, but hey.

Leo wouldn't have had it any other way.