Swimming Duty

You worked at your local public swimming pool, during the summer. You were one of the many teachers working there.

You taught a specific level of kids how to swim a certain way. You loved working with kids and so, naturally, you loved your job. You had to work  Monday through Friday. 

One thing you absolutely loved about your job, was the fact that you could work with your crush, Leo Valdez. He wasn't a teacher. He was a lifeguard. Kids rarely almost drowned but lifeguards walked around the perimeter of the pool, just in case.

You would be demonstrating something for the kids, and then you'd catch Leo staring at you, grinning. Then you'd be the one who almost drowns.

You would send the kids to practice the technique and you would glare at Leo. He would just smirk and wink at you. Then resume his duty.

He would do that everyday and mess you up. You never complained, though. Every time he'd mess you up, your crush would grow.

But one day, he wasn't walking around. You sent your kids to practice as you looked around. You finally spotted him asleep on the lifeguard chair.

"Leo!" He jumped and almost fell out of the chair. He looked down and said, "What?"

"You fell asleep! Get to work!" Leo rolled his eyes and climbed down. You turned and saw one of your kids go underwater. You yelped and swam underwater. It was in the deep end.

Leo saw you and the kid and jumped in. You grabbed the kid and started swimming up. You spotted Leo and gave the kid to him. Leo swam up and saved the kid.

You were stuck underwater. You had used a lot of your strength trying to save the kid. You struggled to swim back up and hold your breathe.

You finally made it and gasped for air. You grabbed onto the wall and gasped for air. Leo told the kids to rest against the wall and he swam towards you.

"Are you okay?" You slowly nodded, still breathing heavily. Leo frowned and blew his whistle.

"Okay, level 4 swimmers! Class is ending early! See you tomorrow!" Your kids got out of the pool and went to their parents.

"L-leo, you didn't have to do that. I just need to breathe for a second.." Leo shook his head and said, "No, you need a break."

You tried to talk but instead coughed. Leo became more concerned than ever. "Here, let's get out of the pool." He grabbed your arm and dragged you out of the pool. 

"Where are you two going," your boss demanded. Leo glared at the boss and said, "To the storage room." 

Leo dragged you into the storage room and locked the door. He muttered some colorful words about the boss then looked at you.

You were trying to find a towel. Leo walked over to you and draped his over your shoulders.

"T-thanks." He nodded and looked at you. He put both of his hands on your shoulders. Your eyes slightly widened as you said, "Thanks for helping me with that kid."

He nodded and gave you a soft smile. "I was just looking out for you." You blushed and Leo laughed.

You decided to ask him a question that had been bugging you for weeks.

"Why do you watch me teach the kids?" Leo's smile disappeared and was replaced with a straight face.

"Because I admire how you work with kids. And because.." He leaned in and whispered into your ear.

"Because I'm in love with you."

Your face turned red and your eyes widened. Leo looked back at your face and snorted. "I'm in love with a tomato."

You blushed more, if that was possible, and stuttered, "S-shut up."He smiled and kissed your cheek. "I'm guessing you like me, as well?"

You shook your head and Leo frowned. "What?"

You tip-toed and whispered in his ear, "I don't like you. I'm in love with you, as well."

Leo then blushed and grinned at you. "Another reason I love you, smarty pants." You snorted and looked at Leo's eyes as he looked at yours.

"You still look like you need air," Leo muttered. 

He then leaned down and kissed you. You pulled his closer as he did the same.

You both made out for a few minutes. When you parted, you panted, "I thought that you were going to give me air, not take away air.."

Leo snorted and kissed your forehead.

"Yeah, sorry." Then the door slammed open.

"GET BACK TO WORK." Leo grabbed a noodle and threw it at your boss' head.