Forgetful

You sat at your apartment's dining table, tapping your index finger impatiently.

You were waiting for Leo to come back home from hanging out with his friends.

You were pissed at him.

Why? Today was your anniversary and Leo had forgotten about it.

And it was your 4 year anniversary, too. You sighed and muttered, "Happy Anniversary to me.."

Suddenly, you heard your door unlock.

And Leo walked into the room. He smiled and said, "Hey, y/n."

You crossed your arms and glared at him.

Leo wore a confused expression as he looked at your angry face.

"What..?"

You sighed and angrily said, "Happy Anniversary, Leo."

Leo's face paled and he quietly gasped.

"Y/n, I am so sorry. I forgot and-" "Yeah, obviously."

Leo shut his mouth and gave you his signature puppy eyes.

"I'm really sorry.."

You shook your head and said, "I'd forgive you if this was the first time. You forgot the anniversary last year."

Leo frowned and looked at the floor.

"Plus, you went and hung out with your friends today."

Leo looked back up at you and said, "I know, and I'm really sorry."

But you didn't say anything else. Leo sighed and gloomily said, "You're giving me the silent treatment, aren't you?"

You nodded and looked away.

Leo suddenly said, "We have a reservation at some restaurant tonight with Percy and Annabeth.."

You turned to him and spoke for the last time.

"You even set up a reservation and still forgot?!"

Leo flinched at your tone of voice, since you never snapped at him.

You looked away from him again, and Leo sadly sighed.

"It's at 7:00 so get ready by 6:45..."

Leo then walked to your shared bedroom and softly closed the door.

You let a tear roll down your face as you thought, Leo forgot our anniversary..

~Timeskip~

You and Leo got into your car and drove to the restaurant.

You were silent during the car ride and during the meal. Leo would flame over at you and frown.

Percy and Annabeth suspected nothing, though.

Then, it was time for you and Leo to go back home. Halfway through the drive home, Leo suddenly asked, "When are you going to talk to me?"

You turned and looked out the window.

Leo sighed and looked back at the road. You felt his hand brush yours and you pulled your hand away.

As you drove down the various roads, it became harder and harder to fight the tears.

You squeezed your eyes shut, causing a tear to roll down your cheek.

Leo saw this and frowned, concerned about you being mad at him and you crying.

You got home and you quickly entered the apartment.

You swiftly got into your pajamas and later on your side of the bed.

Leo walked in and saw you on the bed.

He got dressed and did his nightly routine. He then lay on his side of the bed and faced you.

Leo decided that he had had enough.

He went beside you and cuddled with you. You tried to pull away, but Leo's grip was too tight.

Leo grunted and said, "Tell me why you've been ignoring me."

You stopped struggling and sighed.

You thought about how Leo had forgotten about your anniversary, for two years straight. And how he would maybe forget about you in the future.

You started to cry, again.

You suddenly sat up and hugged yourself, while Leo sat up next to you.

You finally said, "You forgot about our anniversary... Twice in a row... What if you forget about me..?"

You looked over at Leo and saw that he was on the verge of tears.

He swallowed a choked cry and said, "I'm sorry that forgot. I'm sorry that I made you feel this way..."

Leo stopped and squeezed his eyes shut.

You saw tears roll down his face, which worried you.

Leo had never cried around you.

"A-And I just want you to know, that I-I will never forget you.."

Leo then started to silently cry.

"I'm sorry for being a terrible person.." You finally started to loudly sob. You grabbed Leo and hugged him tightly.

"You aren't a horrible person, Leo.."

As you both stopped crying, Leo hugged you back. 

He rested his face on your shoulder and muttered, "I'm sorry for forgetting our anniversary... I'll never forget ever again.."

You nodded and felt Leo kiss you cheek.

"Can we just cuddle..." You nodded and lay down. Leo lay down also and pulled you against him. You pulled the covers over your bodies and snuggled against Leo.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you all day..."

Leo just sighed and said, "I deserved the silent treatment... Just.. Let' s just go to sleep.."

You nodded and you both shut your eyes.

Before you drifted off to sleep, you muttered, "I love you, Leo.." Leo smiled and said, "I love you, too, y/n."

You both then fell asleep, knowing that the other would never be forgetful ever again.

And, that's exactly what happened.

For the next anniversary, and the next, and the next, Leo had gotten you a bouquet of roses. And eventually, one anniversary, Leo didn't bring the roses.

You thought that he had forgotten, after all these years, and became sad.

But instead, Leo had kissed your lips and told you that he had not forgotten. Then he had gotten on one knee and brought out your anniversary present.

A diamond ring.

And he had proposed to you, reminding you that Leo would never be forgetful ever again.