Hero

A/N

Yay, another one. This is "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias. This is going to be a long one! Enjoy!

Let me be your hero

You and Leo were sitting at a small table at a fancy restaurant. It was your 4 year anniversary and Leo wanted to take you somewhere special. So, he took you to a fancy restaurant and got a table on the balcony.

You guys ordered your food and started eating. You were oblivious to what Leo was planning.

As you ate, Leo stared at your face, taking in his girlfriend's features. He smiled to himself.

He suddenly remembered all the memories you both had made over the years.

Would you dance if I asked you to dance?
Would you run and never look back?
Would you cry if you saw me crying?
Would you save my soul tonight?

You both first met at a school dance. You and your friends had gotten into a huge argument so they left you.

Your date had also ditched you for another girl. You had cried and run away to the school's dumpsters.

You had cried for a few minutes before Leo found you.

He had asked you why you were there and you told him everything. You both had had crushed on each other without knowing. Leo had kindly smiled and asked you to go to the dance with him. His date had ditched him, as well. 

You had wiped your tears and said yes.

As you two danced together, you both became each other's missing half. You guys became a couple that night. The night when Leo saved you from doing something you would have regret.

Would you tremble if I touched your lips?
Would you laugh? Oh, please tell me this.
Now would you die for the one you love?
Hold me in your arms, tonight.

Leo suddenly remembered when you guys had your first kiss. You had been at a party with Leo's friends.

They had gotten drunk and left you guys.

You had felt uncomfortable since everyone was going drunk and insane around you. Leo and you were separated because of the wild crowd.

For some reason, somebody started a game of Russian roulette. With a real gun. 

You were included in the game and it was your turn.

They wouldn't let you leave if you didn't do one round so you unwillingly spun the barrel. Before you pulled the trigger, Leo had pulled you away from the gun. You pulled the trigger and a bullet flew into the wall.

You had started crying and Leo took you outside, away from the drunks. 

He sat you down under a tree and hugged you, telling you to calm down. He pulled you closer and you two hugged under the tree. He attempted to make you laugh, or just to make you happy. 

It worked. You were smiling and you had thanked Leo. He had saved you from getting killed.

Leo had nodded and leaned in. You two kissed for the first time, under the tree. Again, Leo had been your hero.