Childhood Crush (Part 2)

A/N

Never really planned on making another part to this.. Oh well, enjoy!

Leo had crushed your heart.

He never came back for you like he said at graduation. You waited for him for many years but he never came back from where he moved to.

So, you moved on. It was very difficult but you managed.

You were 10 when he said he'd come back for you. You were now 24. Since he broke your heart, you didn't care to remember his name. So, he was almost completely erased from your memory.

You had signed up for a dating app.

You just wanted to play around with it, but it actually gave you a match one day.

You looked at the man's picture and scrunched up your face, confused.

He looked so familiar. He had black curls and a bright smile. He looked at his name. Leo Valdez. He seemed so familiar yet you couldn't remember him.

You went ahead and text him on the app.

You: Hey

Leo: Hey. You're that girl that matched with me, right?

You: Yeah, that's me.

Leo: You aren't bad looking ;)

You: Neither are you, I have to admit

Leo: So, how about we meet for a date tomorrow at 10 for breakfast?

You: Sounds good. Where at?

Leo: How about we go to simple Starbucks?

You: It's a date :)

Leo: See you there, sweetheart

You just smiled to yourself and went to get ready for bed. Tomorrow was the day.

~Time Skip~

You walked to Starbucks. You quickly looked at your watch and saw the time. 9:55.

You quickened your pace and reached Starbucks.

You leaned against the wall and waited for Leo. You looked at your phone. 10:00. You sighed and looked around. You heard footsteps and looked up.

It was him.

You smiled and said, "Hey, Leo."

Leo smiled at you and said, "Hello, y/n. You look nice today." He then winked at you. You swore, he seemed so familiar.

You just smiled more and said, "So do you, handsome."

Leo grinned and said, "Already going with nicknames, I see. Shall we go inside?" You nodded and you both walked inside.

You both sat a a small table next to a window.

You ordered your drinks and small snacks. You smiled at Leo and asked, "So, where are you from?" Leo looked at you and said, "Well, I was born in Texas, if that's was you're asking."

You nodded and said, "Nice. I came from Texas as well."

Leo suddenly asked, "How old are you?" Your eyes widened, since that question took you by surprise. Leo suddenly waved his hands and stuttered. "Oh! I didn't mean it like t-that!"

You softly smiled and said, "No, it's fine. I'm 24."

Leo relaxed and said, "Cool. So am I." 

"What city did you come from?" "Houston." Your eyes widened as you said, "Me too!"

Leo leaned forward on the table and asked, "What elementary did you go to?"

"I went to Carrillo Elementary." (Actual school I looked up)

Leo grinned and said, "I went there too! I'm surprised I don't remember your beautiful face." You just blushed and said, "I don't remember you, either. But you do seem familiar to me."

Leo's eyes widened as he said, "You seem familiar to me, too."

You were about to ask another question when your stuff arrived. You thanked the waitress and started eating. Leo drank something out of his cup and said, "You look a lot like a girl I had a crush on in elementary."

You raised and eyebrow and said, "I see your tastes haven't changed."

Leo just quietly chuckled and said, "Yeah. Maybe that's why I was so attracted to you." Another wink. You smiled and asked, "What was this girl like?"

Leo thought about it for a second then said, "She looked like a younger you. Do you have any pictures of you when you were younger?"

"Yes, I do." You reached in your wallet and took out a picture of you in fifth grade. 

You gave it to Leo and his eyes widened.

"The girl looked exactly like you..." Leo looked closer at the picture and said, "She had the same scar above her eyebrow, as well."

He looked up at you and gave you a weird look.

His eyes widened as he muttered, "Can it be..." You gave him a confused look and asked, "What is it?" He leaned forward again and asked, "Do you remember a boy who had a huge crush on you throughout elementary?"

You looked back and it clicked. You remembered the same bright smile, flirty personality, and same hair.

"L-leo..?"

Your eyes almost let the tears loose.

Leo smiled and said, "I can't believe I found you!" You looked down at your cup. Leo's smile disappeared and he asked, "What's the matter? Are you not happy to see me?"

"No, I am glad. But.."

You looked up at Leo and one single tear fell. "You promised that you'd come back for me at graduation. You never did."

Leo's face paled as he remembered his promise.

"I-i'm so sorry. My family moved again and I forgot..." You let out a small sniffle as you said, "I waited for you for years.." You looked at his eyes and sadly smiled.

"I was waiting for you to come back so we could become an official couple."

Leo tried to smile and said, "We can become official now! The app matched us together!" You softly smiled and said, "I would love that."

"But can you promise me something?"

Leo nodded and said, "Sure."

"Promise that you'll never make promises that you won't keep?" Leo looked down at his shoes and back at you. "I promise."

You smiled and said, "Good. I'm still glad we found each other, though."

Leo smiled back and said, "Me too. I missed you over these years." You nodded and said, "I missed you too, Leo."

You both caught up with each other and payed for your stuff. 

You walked out of Starbucks and stopped.

"It was nice seeing you again." Leo grinned and kissed you on your cheek. "Yeah. I'll text you later, sweetheart."

You smiled and said, "Bye, doofus."

Leo turned and smiled at you.

He gave you that bright smile you fell in love with 14 years ago.