Rain

You were just dumped. You were at a night club with your boyfriend, n/o/c (name of choice). He had gone to get a drink and you followed him, slightly suspicious. You turned to the corner and had seen him making out with a random girl. He saw you, stood up, and dumped you on the spot. You had pleaded him to not dump you, but he'd just turned and resumed his business with the girl.

He was your ride so you had to walk home. You were walking outside, in the cold, wearing a dress. Smart choices, y/n, you thought. You had brought your umbrella just in case, and it paid off.

It started raining right when you stepped outside. And it was pouring.

You opened your umbrella and started walking down the sidewalk. Your shoes were wet and the wind kept blowing rain onto your legs. You had no jacket.

You decided things could have been worse and kept walking. A huge gust of wind blew your umbrella out of your hands. You tried to grab it but it was too late.

You stood there, getting soaked with rain every second. You started to cry from frustration and continued walking, hugging yourself.

As you walked, the rain got heavier and you got wetter. You had really dressed up, so you were wearing high heels. You continued your walk and stumbled. You yelled some colorful words and took off your shoes. You threw them into the street and kept walking.

Your hair you had spent so much time on was dripping wet and your dress was wet, as well. You kept crying, thinking how cruel life was.

You kept stepping on random junk. Since you were barefoot, the floor was slippery as well. Everyone was inside, since it was the middle of the night. You still had a 5 mile walk to your house.

Your feet started to hurt really bad so you leaned against a stop sign. You didn't notice the huge puddle on the road right next to you until later.

A car was driving towards you, at a high speed. Your eyes widened as you realized they were going to fast to even think about stopping. You looked down and saw the puddle.

You covered yourself, preparing for the huge wave of dirty, rain water.

You felt somebody grab you and hold you against your body. You saw an umbrella fly in front of you, protecting you from the water. Some water went over and hit you, but most of it hit the umbrella.

You turned and saw a man wearing a hoodie, holding you close, holding the umbrella above the both of you now.

Curious, you slowly reached up and took off the man's hoodie. You saw the boy's face, and saw that he had lots of dark brown curls. Even though you were just dumped, you found this boy cute. He looked to be around your age. He looked down at you and softly smiled.

He shifted the umbrella to one hand and wiped your tears with the other. You smiled back as he leaned down and kissed your forehead. 

Even though he was a complete stranger, you oddly trusted him. You felt a weird amount of compassion for him.

That night, he walked you all the way home, protecting you from the raindrops. That night, you met Leo Valdez.