Match Made by the Gods (Part 2)

Now it's your point of view. This song is "I Won't Say (I'm in Love)." Enjoy!

My parents left me when I was just a baby. I've lived in multiple orphanages but I've made only a few friends throughout.

One of them stuck with me til the very end. His name was Leo Valdez.

We were best friends for as long as my memory goes back. We stuck together no matter what. I mostly focused on trying to get a family, not love. But I started developing feelings for Leo. But I chose to try and deny those feelings.

If there's a prize for rotton judgement,
I guess I've already won that.
No man is worth the aggrevation
That's ancient history, been there done that

I have to admit, Leo wasn't bad looking and his personality wasn't bad either. But I felt as if I could have done better. If there was an award for poor judgement, I've won that award many times.

I mean, no man is worth all the work we do to get their attention.

That's pure history, been there done that. But my head tells me that I'm all talk...

Who ya think ya kidding,
He's the Earth and heaven too
You try to keep it hidden,
Honey we can see right through you
Girl you can't conceal it,
We know how ya feelin, who you thinkin' of

My conscious tell me that I'm in love but I denied it.

One night, my feelings came to the test. I woke up one night because I heard a weird noise. I looked at the window next to my bed and saw Leo climbing out. I panicked and asked, "Where are you going?"

Leo just told me that he was going to take a walk. I didn't believe him.

I eventually convinced him that I was coming with him, whether he was gonna take a peaceful stroll or not.

At first, I regret my decision. But my head told me that I could finally be alone with him. 

I tried not to think about it to much, but my mind got the best of me. Voices keep telling me that I'm swooning over him and that he's absolutely perfect for me. But, I still didn't believe them.

They just kept saying, "We can see through your tough shell. You're in love."

No chance, no way, I won't say it, no, no
(You swoon, you sigh, why deny it uh, oh.)
It's too cliche', I won't say I'm in love

We traveled an adequate distance every day. 

But every passing hour, we spent more time together. And my feelings started growing more. But I still didn't accept it.

I was not going to admit it, to myself or anyone else. 

It's way to cliche and I plan on avoiding cliches. I was not going to admit it.

I thought my heart had learned it's lesson
It feels so good when you start out
My head is screaming "get a grip girl."
Unless you're dying to cry your heart out (Oh no)

I had liked previous boys in other orphanages. They were jerks and didn't accept my feelings. So, I stopped liking boys overall. I thought I had learned, but I guess I didn't.

At first, when you like your first boy, you get such a happy, fuzzy feeling. I missed that feeling..

I screamed at myself to get a grip and forget all those memories. Unless my heart was ready for more rejection, get a grip.

I tried to keep my heart beat under control, but sometimes...

You keep on denying who you are and how you're feeling
Baby we're not buyin', hun we saw you hit the ceiling.(Oh no)
Face it like a grown up, when you gonna own up
That you got, got, got it bad

Everyday, we would travel, talk, laugh sometimes, then sleep.

Oh, sleep. Okay, I was very cold at night and Leo was always really warm. I couldn't help myself. So, at night, I would cuddle up against him. I would be super nervous and blush a lot.

But what surprised me, is that he never complained. He'd just hug me back and we'd fall asleep faster than you can say, "Deny."

Even though we'd do that every night, I still denied my feelings. The voices would continue saying, "We aren't buying it," or "You got it bad, girl. You're in love with him."

No chance, no way, I won't say it, no, no
(Give up, give in. Check the grin, you're in love.)
You're in love, you're in love, you're in love
(You're doin' flips, read our lips, you're in love.)
You're way off base, I won't say it
Get off my case, I won't say I'm in love
(I won't say it. No, no)2x

When we'd wake up from our "cuddle session," we would continue walking and find a place to eat. How did we pay for our food? Leo stole some money from random people. 

Whenever he'd make me laugh at a random time, I would always have this huge grin on my face. My heart would be beating at a fast pace and my head would be saying, "Just accept it. You're doing flips and you're grinning, again. You are in love with Leo."

I would just mutter to myself, "Get off my case, whoever you are.."

I was not going to admit anything.

No chance, no way, I won't say it, no, no
Give up, give in, check the grin you're in love
The scene won't play, I won't say you're in love
You're doin flips, read our lips you're in love
You're way off base, I won't say it
So don't be proud, it's okay you're in love

After about 2 weeks and a half, Leo told me that he felt that we were close.

Sure, I was excited but that meant that our journey was almost over. My heart was screaming at me to confess my feelings then but I shut the voice out.

Saying that I was in love with him was utterly stupid. It would also possibly ruin our friendship.

Eventually, after a few days, we reached a forest. We continuously walked around and, after a few hours, collapsed from starvation and exhaustion.

I lay my head on the ground and took deep breathes. 

I heard Leo say, "Camp half-Blood.." My body then did something that changed my whole perspective. I heard multiple voices coming from the entrance in front of us and my arm reached out.

No chance, no way, I won't say it, no, no
Give up, give in, check the grin you're in love
The scene won't play, I won't say you're in love, you're in love

I told my body to stop, but it wouldn't. My hand grabbed onto Leo's and laced it's fingers with his.

I cringed at what my body just did, and I thought over and over, I'm not in love with Leo. But what surprised me, was that before my eyes closed from exhaustion, I felt Leo's hand squeeze my hand. I felt his grip on my hand tighten and then I fell asleep.

When my eyes closed, I smiled.

At least out loud, I won't say I'm in love