Mistletoe

A/N

This is gonna be a long one so enjoy!

It was a snowy night the day it happened. You and Leo were just walking down New York City, looking at all the buildings and Christmas decorations. 

Each shop had decorated itself in flashing lights, snowmen stickers, and Christmas trees. In the windows, there was candy for sale, as well as hot chocolate. Everyone around you two were dressed in coats, scarfs, snow boots, mittens, and beanies. Although you and Leo were wearing the exact same thing, people were looking at you funny. 

It was as if you had a piece of toilet paper stuck to the bottom of your boot. You looked down just in case. Yeah, you had toilet paper on the bottom of your right boot. Crap, you thought. You stopped walking and reached down and ripped the paper off. You looked up and saw Leo grinning at you. You stood up and threw the piece of paper into the air. A gust of cold, snow filled wind blew it away.

"What are you looking at, idiot," you asked, raising one eyebrow.

"Just looking at my best friend make a fool of themselves, that's all," Leo replied.

You frowned and punched him in the arm. Leo just snorted and you kept walking down the street. Every once in a while, you would catch Leo glancing at you. After about 5,000 glances, you turned and stopped him. "Why do you keep looking at me," you asked.

Leo laughed and said, "I'm looking at your hair. You have so much snow on your head."

You grunted and started patting your head. "Just bend your head down," Leo said. You did as you were told and felt Leo continuously hit your head. "There, no more snow." You raised your head back up and put on your coat hoodie.

"Let's go into the coffee shop, over there," you said and pointed to the nearest shop. Leo nodded and you both walked towards it. Once you entered, you were both hit with a burst of warmth. You both sighed simultaneously and sat at a nearby booth. After your waiter took your drink orders, you excused yourself and went into the bathroom. But what you didn't know, is that Percy and Annabeth were at the same shop, looking at both of you, evil grins on their faces.

Leo's P.O.V

Where the heck is my coffee, I thought. I sighed and lay my head on the table. I heard footsteps come toward me and I thought it was my waiter. "Finally," I said. I looked and saw Percy smiling at me. "You aren't my waiter..." Percy snorted and sat down in y/n's seat. "So, what're you and y/n doing here?" I said, "Oh, just getting coffee and getting out of the snow." Percy propped his feet on the table and said, "So, this isn't, like, a date between you two?" My eyes widened and I pushed Percy's feet of the table. "No, it is not a date. We're just staying out of the cold weather, that's all!" Percy grinned and leaned forward. 

"I highly doubt that, Valdez. I'm not new to this business."

I stood up and grabbed his shirt collar. "Look, Percy, this isn't a date and we aren't a couple. Just get your seaweed-loving little butt out of here." I let go of his shirt and Percy looked at me.

"Fine, then. So, I will leave, after you tell me what this was doing in your coat pocket."

He opened his hand and my eyes widened. In his hand, was mistletoe. "H-how did you-" Percy interrupted me and said, "I noticed that it was hanging out of your pocket. Who were you going to use this on?" Both of us jumped as we heard the women's bathroom door slam open.

Y/N's P.O.V

I went into the bathroom to calm myself down. I went to the sink and splashed water on my face. As I reached for the paper towels, the bathroom door opened. I yelped and turned around to see Annabeth. "Hey y/n," Annabeth said. I replied with a simple hello and turned to the mirror. 

"So, what're you doing here with Leo," she asked. 

I turned and said, "Just drinking coffee and staying out of the snow." She nodded and sat on the sink counter. "So, you and Leo aren't dating or anything?" My eyes widened and I forced a laugh. "Nope. Just here as f-friends." Annabeth raised an eyebrow.

"So, why are you in here?" I said, "Just wanted to see if there was any food on my face." 

"But you guys didn't eat any food," Annabeth said. I blushed and started stuttering. "C'mon y/n, it's obvious you like Leo." Of course, I denied everything. "Why would I like that idiot? I mean, sure he's my best friend and all, but that would be weird." Annabeth replied, "You call him an idiot way too many times. Plus, you were blushing when I asked about you being in here." Dang you, Athena, I thought. "Anyway, you're coming with me," Annabeth said and grabbed my arm. She started dragging me to the door and I said, "What are we doing?!"

"You're gonna confess your feelings to Leo."

"But why?! We're just friends and-"

Annabeth slammed the door open and dragged me towards Leo.

Regular P.O.V

Annabeth dragged you over to your booth and you noticed that Percy was shoving something into Leo's coat pocket. Weird, you thought. Percy backed away from the booth and Annabeth shoved you towards Leo. You fell half on the table and half on Leo. You stood up and looked at both of them. They both smiled and said, "Well, nice seeing you two. See ya!" Then they exited the shop.

"What was Percy doing with your pocket," you asked Leo. He just stayed quiet and sat down. You tilted your head and sat down in front of him.

"Are you okay, Leo?" He nodded and shoved a hand into his pocket. "Hey, we should get going," Leo said. "But our dr-" Leo stood up and started to walk towards the door. You got up and followed him. 

As the door closed behind you, you heard the waiter calling after Leo. You looked in front of you and saw Leo about 2 feet away. You ran up to him and turned him around. "What is wrong with you? You seem really distracted," you said. 

Leo gave you that look that said, I want to push you into a fountain. You looked to your left and saw a fountain. Great, you thought. You looked back at Leo and saw that his expression had softened. And that he was closer to you.... And that his hand was in the air... What the heck, you thought. You looked up as your eyes widened.

He was holding mistletoe above your head.

You looked at him and started playing with your hands. "Uhm..," you said. "Y/n, Percy talked some sense into me while you were in the bathroom. He made me realize that I had feelings for you," Leo said. 

Again, you started blushing and attempted to talk. But Leo continued. "I've had this mistletoe in my pocket ever since we came to New York City. I've been waiting for the correct moment to bring it out and.." Meanwhile, you were standing there wondering if you were dreaming. 

"Leo, I-"

Just great, you thought. Leo had leaned in and kissed you. You stood there dumbfounded for a few seconds, registering what was happening. All I wanted was coffee, you thought. Eventually, you gave in and kissed him back. You wrapped your arms around his neck and he hugged you closer, dropping the mistletoe onto the ground. 

It was at that moment, when you and Leo realized that you had feelings for each other. Kissing under the mistletoe, the piece of toilet paper floating in the fountain beside you. Leo then had you as his girlfriend, and he was your idiot.