Prom -Mithross-

Highschool Prom Mithross
Credit to NerdyNerve979 for the fanart

Ross's pov

"Are you sure you'll be fine Ross?" My friend Red says asking if he can go dance with his boyfriend, Barney.

"Yes, just because I'm single doesn't mean you can't hang out with your boyfriend." I say smiling, pushing him towards the dance floor.

I sit down on the bleachers messing with the sleeves of my tux, I'm not used to wearing this type of clothes I'm more of a sweatpants and loose shirt type of guy.

Max's pov

"How come you won't dance with me?" As I am fairly popular, despite not wanting to be, I have a lot of girls always around me. Which I don't understand as I have come out as gay a bunch of times.

"Max we need to talk to you." My friend Adam and His girlfriend Alesa say walking towards me, thankfully pulling me away from the girl.

"What do you guys want, besides saving me from a girl wanting to dance with me."

"Well you know how you have a crush on that dude Ross." Adam asks grabbing my shoulders, being over dramatic like usual.

"I mean y-yeah, why?" I ask feeling my face becoming more red.

"Well, he's sitting over there alone on the bleachers, his friend Red is dancing with his boyfriend so why don't you go talk to him?"

"I-I mean he wouldn't like me, I seem like too much a dick. I don't know man."

"Come on Max, I bet he likes you too. Just go for it I mean if you date you'll stop getting girls all over you then."

"F-Fine I guess I'll at least talk to him, b-but I don't think he'll want to dance with me." I say before walking away and sitting next to Ross, who's zoned out and doesn't even noticed me.

"Uh Hello?" I say nudging him in the shoulder.

"Huh? Oh um h-hi." He says blushing and looking down at his hands. God he's adorable.

"Hey. So why are you alone, don't you have anyone to dance with?" I ask not wanting to straight out asking him if he's single or not.

"Uh no, my friend is dancing with his boyfriend and there aren't many gay people in this school besides me, Red and his boyfriend Barney."

"Well I mean there's me." I smile, looking at him.

"Oh y-yeah. You wouldn't like me though so." He whispers the last part hoping I wouldn't hear, and looking down at his hands again.

"I never said that, if anything I say and I quote he's fricking adorable I wish I had the balls to ask him out to Adam Dahlberg like last night." I say causing his cheeks to become even redder than they were already.

"Hey look at me." I say holding his chin and looking at him.

"Don't be shy." I say kissing him.

Fireworks

Our lips moved in sync before we pull apart and smiling at each other.

"Wanna dance?" He nods, smiling.

I pull him to the dance floor, next to Adam and Alesa who are quietly fangirling over us. I put my arms on his hips and he wraps his arms around my neck and puts his head on my shoulders.

Swaying side to side, together, feels like heaven.

"I do like you Ross." I whisper in his ear.

"I like you too Max." I can feel him smile against my shoulder.

"So do you like maybe wanna be my boyfriend?" I ask, my heart beating so hard it wouldn't be shocking if he could feel it against his chest as well.

"I would love that."

Words: 610