Ch. 72 - Loud and Proud

Friday's game all to soon! I grabbed my uniform out of my locker an closed it quickly, attempting to take cover from Chase in the locker room. I spun on my heels quickly and measly collapsed to the ground from the impact I had with Chase's chest.

"Going somewhere?" He questioned, liking down at me questioningly.

"Y-yeah." I said, climbing to my feet quickly.

"Where?" He asked, amusement evident in his eyes.

"The locker room to get ready for my game." I said confidently.

"No you're not." He said easily.

"I'm the captain! I have to play! It's my duty to lead my team to victory." I said viciously.

"They'll understand, Rhyan! You're health is far more important than some stupid volleyball game." He spat.

Oh hell no be did not!

"Back the fuck up!"I hissed.

"Volleyball is not just some stupid game, first of all! Second of all, you're more worried about my health than I am!" I seethed.

"Im worried Because I love you." He interrupted my rant.

"LASTLY!" I shouted. "Where do you get off telling me what I can and can't do?!" I snapped a little to dramatically.

"Because I care about you baby. You're my mate and I will do anything for you. You're my present and future so I need to worry about you. I'm not trying to tell you what to do but I care about you and love you, that's why I'm doing it." He explained with pleading eyes.

"I can handle myself. If you care than you'll be at the game to make sure I'm safe. Now, I have to go get changed and get ready." I said, walking away from him and towards the locker room where the Varsity and Reserved teams were waiting.

"Sorry I'm late." I apologized as I stripped from my street clothes in exchange for my spandex.

"Where were you?" Cheyenne asked as she laced up her shoes.

"Chase stopped me on my way here." I said.

"If you're done changing, go and get the nets up an score boards out and running." Sierah announced, sliding her knee pads on then her shoes.

I finished pulling on my shoes and my hair into a high ponytail when me, and Sierah made our way out to the courts.

All of our teammates were getting things set up; filling up the ball cart for warm-ups, setting the score-boards , and setting the nets up. The other team (North High School) was doing their stretches on the court on the other side of the gym.

"Cheyenne! Kaylee! Can you guys lead us in stretches?" I asked as we approached the middle of the court where the Bulldog head was and met the rest of the teams there.

We began doing basic stretches as I noticed Chase, Hunter, Lauren, Matt, Damon, Carly, and Anna walked into the gym. Chase brought over Gatorades for Cheyenne and I.

I noticed that they all had '#14' and '#17' written on their cheeks for Cheyenne and I. I smiled and pointed it out to Cheyenne.

"JV captains to the center." The older referee said, blowing his whistle at us.

I skipped to the middle of the court as did the captain from North. Kennedy. She's been my rival in volleyball since the 6th grade. And our schools have been rivals for the past 3 years in every sport!

"Alright girls. I want a fair game! Bosse, call it." He said, pulling a coin from his pocket.

"Heads." I said as he caught it.

"It's heads. You have serve first." He told us. We both nodded and went back to our teams.

The first two games past by slowly. We won the first game, where as they won the second. Now the score is Bosse 24, North 22. One more point and we won.

It was my turn to serve and it flew straight to Kennedy who set it up as another girl spiked it over. Cheyenne hit it before it hit the ground and Sam set me up for a kill.

I went for the kill but was blocked by two gargantuan girls. The blocked it back to our side which was save by Kristen, who hit it to Cheyenne, setting it to me, so I took a second try and killed it again.

It slammed onto the ground as Kennedy dove for it, but greatly missed. We won!

I ran to Cheyenne and jumped onto her, wrapping my legs around her waist. We laughed happily as she sat me back on my feet.

"Shake hands." The ref shouted.

Both teams lined up at opposite ends of the net. We began walking and slapped hand under the net with all the girls. Of course, captains were last so Kennedy held me in place.

"Don't think that because you won the first game that you'll win the championship trophy. My team's not ready to give it up yet. It looks right in our trophy case." She sneered ferociously.

"Don't worry. I won't hurt your pride too much when my team wins it. You're forgetting who' had it for the past 7 years." I smirked.

"Only because you cheated every year." She hissed.

"It's not my fault that the USA girls volleyball team recruited me. It's not cheating that they taught me everything I know. You're just jealous." I smirked at her outraged face.

She huffed and stormed off. I laughed to myself as I watched her retreating back.

When I was in the 7th grade, I got a letter in the mail from the US girls volleyball team. They said they've been watching me since I first started playing and they wanted me to come to California and play for them. So I did. Kennedy was mad when she found out because she never got that letter.

Before then, we always made sure we were on the same volleyball teams; travel teams, club teams, everything! but then she found out and joined the team at her school. she was so mad at me that she never played on the same team as me again. and I guess she made it her life goal to ruin my volleyball career.

While the varsity played, reserve sat on the benches the whole game. Sierah's team won, of course! and when we all finished, a couple of the girls volunteered to put the nets and scoreboards away while the rest of us changed for our after-game meeting.

I sat my bag down on the locker room bench and stripped from my uniform to my red Bosse sweat pants, black tank top, and matching red Bosse jacket. I slid on my white Nike sandals and walked to the gym.

I dropped my duffle bag and ran into Chase's hug. he lifted me off the ground and squeeze me tightly.

"Congratulations! but if you ever go against me like that again, well, you don't want to know the punishment." he whispered huskily in my ear.

"Great game!" Lauren squealed as she approached us. Chase sat me back on the ground so I could hug all of my friends.

I said my thanks and sprinted to the middle d the court where the rest of my team was waiting for me.

"Great job tonight! Everybody! Don't forget we have a game Monday up at Spencer County High School.Don't forget to wash your uniforms." Sierah informed them. "anything else to add Rhyan?" she asked me.

"Nope. Oh wait, yeah! Maybe, if I can sweet talk Riley into it, he can throw out a congrats to you guys on the Morning Announcement video on Monday." I smiled.

Every day, our school's journalism class would make a morning announcement video an post it on YouTube for the school to watch. Riley Wilkins did the sports news; upcoming games, wins, losses, etc.

"That would be great! remember to wear your warm-ups on Monday and to brig all your stuff. that's it, Bulldogs on three then you're Dismissed." Sierah smiled.

"1...2...3 BULLDOGS!" we shouted. I walked over to Chase, who immediately wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

As we were leaving the gym, I started to sing the Bosse fight song and the whole team joined in, causing me to notice they were behind us.

Loud and proud is how we sang as we all departed to our separate cars.