Ch. 38 - fancy dresses

-Saturday-

As I exited the nail salon from getting a manicure, I noticed an all to familiar red pick up truck driving slowly past my car. I bolted across the street when the truck stopped to let me pass.

I looked through the windshield and saw the boy from the festival smirking at me. I turned and walked to his passenger side window, causing him to it down.

"Are you stalking me or something?!" I shrieked.

"I'm just waiting, my love." He replied creepily.

"What the hell are you waiting for?! You're freaking scarring the crap out of me!" I shouted.

"I don't wish to scare you my love. But you will find out soon. I promise." He assured me. He slowly drove away and then sped out of the parking lot.

I walked straight to my car, frustrated. Are all guys this confusing, or just him? I don't know what I'm waiting for and I don't see why he can't tell me! It's like he's waiting for me to trip up on something so he can be there to catch me and try to win my heart. Well too bad! Chase already has it.

I got in my car and drove to Clayton's dry cleaners and picked up my dress. I was driving home when my phone started to go off. Since it was plugged into the car, when I answered it the call rang out through the car speakers.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby girl, it's Lauren. Im hungry. Do you want to go get lunch?"

"Um. Sure! Where?"

"Red Robin."

"Yummmm! Haha. Okay."

"Haha. I'll meet you there in 5 minutes."

"Alright. And I got your outfit for the cotillion from the cleaners."

"Okay thanks!"

"Bye"

"Bye."

I hung up and Rockstar by Nickleback started beating through my speakers. I drove the rest of the drive listening to Nickleback.

I parked my car next to Lauren's and slid out and into her hug. I missed her embrace. I haven't seen her since the festival.

We walked in the building and a girl around 14 showed us to our seats and took our drink orders.

"So." Lauren broke the silence. "Are you ready for tonight?"

"I guess you could say that." I sighed.

"What's wrong? Tell me." She said worriedly.

"Well that guy from the festival has been giving me the creeps. He's been following me. And today when I asked what his problem was, all he said was 'you'll find out soon I promise'.'' I said in a manly voice.

"I haven't seen him so I can't do anything about him babe. Since he was at the festival, maybe he'll be there tonight and i can beat the creep juice out if him." she smirked.

I giggled. "You're tupid." I laughed.

"Tupid?" She asked.

"Yes. Tupid. If you have a problem with it then you need to solve it!" I smirked as the girl took our order.

We ate our food and continued our conversation about tonight.

"It's dumb that me and Chase can't see each other till tonight!" I whined.

"That's how it works. The day of the cotillion, a couple is restricted from seeing each other. The guys all gather in the ball room and all the girls file down the grand stair case. They put our packs in alphabetical order and the girls in alphabetical order. But since you're the Luna for our pack, you'll be leading us." She explained.