Ch. 48 - crying gets old

Once Chase and I made out way into the kitchen, everyone was sitting around the table. There were two empty sets side-by-side and one had a bowl of chilli in front of it.

I took the seat that had the food in front of it and Chase sat next to me. I took a bite and couldn't help it when all my manners went out the window.

I practically I haled the stuff, but stopped when I looked up and saw everyone starring at me.

"What?" I asked, my mouth full of food.

"You act like you haven't eaten in a week." Lauren chuckled from besides me.

As soon as she said that, I chewed slower and looked down at my hands on my lap. I felt Chase's hand tighten in mine.

"I sorry Rhyan. I didn't mean to-" Lauren stated before i cut her off

"Don't worry about it. Its not like you could have done anything." I said quietly, preying that my voice wouldn't falter from the tears about to leak from my eyes. I swallowed the food in my mouth.

"I'm gonna go lay down upstairs." I said, pushing my chair back and exiting the kitchen. The whole time, I felt everyone's eyes watching me.

I ran up the stairs to Chase and I's bedroom and into our bathroom. I locked the door behind me and sat on the counter. I pulled off my shirt and began looking at my battered body.

While I was in that prison, they only fed us once a week, twice if we did things with them. I never did that because I felt like I was betraying Chase.

A couple of times I got lucky and Brennan brought me down a bagel or a piece of bread. It wasn't his fault that he couldn't help me. If the guards would have caught him giving me food, he would have been killed.

I began to sob as I remembered the way the guards would talk to me. Physically and mentally abusing me and the other girls.

After about 5 minutes of me sobbing about the past 3 weeks, I heard a knock on the bathroom door.

"Rhyan, open the door" I heard Chase's voice. He began to jiggle the door handle.

"It's locked." I called out, my voice cracking at the end.

"Come on baby, unlock the door so I can help you." He said soothingly.

I sat there on the counter, not even attempting to move as he continued to shake the door handle.

"You can either open the door or i'll get the key and unlock it." He reasoned.

"I don't wan you to see me like this Chase!" I squeaked out.

Silence.

That's what I got in return.

After a few seconds, the door opened and Chase walked in. He looked at me and pulled me into a tight hug. I didn't hesitate to sob in his chest, hard. When he squeezed my shoulder, I flinched back.

He looked at me and then examined my body. He physically tensed when he saw all my bruises and cuts.

"Who did this to you?" He asked, his eyes growing pith black.

"The guards." I said in a small voice.

"Guards?" He asked curiously.

"There was a hallway of cells. Guards at every single doorway in the house." I croaked out. "If you didn't obey them or spoke back, you got beat. So many times they tried to-" I couldn't even finish my sentence as the memories of them trying to force me to have sex with them flashed trough my mind.

"I'll kill them." He seethed.

I didn't reply as I began to cry again. I felt horrible for Alanna. She was there longer than me and they didn't give her an option. Thy raped her. The only reasons they held off on me was because Justin threatened to cut off their man hood and shove it down their throats.

"Hey Chase, can I borrow Rhyan for a bit?" Cheyenne asked from the bathroom doorway. He turned to look at me and I shook my head as I began to sober up from my crying fit.

I left the bedroom with her arm locked with mine as she led me to her Hunter's bedroom. We walked in an Hunter was sitting on the bed on his phone.

"Out." She said, nodding towards the hallway.

"Excuse me? This is much of my room as it is yours." He said, looking up from his phone.

"I need to talk to Rhyan. You know, girl stuff." She said.

He visibly stiffened. He looked up and down her body and then smirked. He walked up to her and grabbed her hips.

"This isn't the end of this. We'll finish tonight." He said. He kissed the cheek and left the room.

"Chase is in out room!" I shouted to him. I heard a faint thank you as he closed the door. We sat on her bed and she pulled me into a tight hug.

"You know that I still love you with all my heart Rhyan. And you can tell me anything. I need to be there to make you feel better. Lately we've been drifting apart. I miss my best friend. You've changed Rhy-Rhy." Cheyenne said hurtfully.

"I'm still your Rhy-Rhy, your baby daddy, and your best friend. I love you cheech. And I'm not changing. Brennan explain it to me that I'm going into heat. That's what's got me so needy and moody. I'll always be there for you when you need me. Yeah, I've gotten close to Lauren and the other girls, but that doesn't mean I won't have time or you Cheyenne. But for a while I'm going to be a little on edge from that hell hole." I said, a tear pricking my eye as I talked about this.

"I've never seen you cry about something like this. Your mom always brought home jerks and cow rear-ends. What did they do to you?" She asked. I squeezed my eyes shut as a tear slid down my cheek.

I told her everything from not getting properly fed, to the guards trying to get in my pants, and to beating me when I refused or disobeyed commands.

She gasped and held me tightly.

"You're home now. They can't and won't hurt you. At least, not with Chase, Hunter, Mark, Damon, Aiden, Lauren, Kate-" she started naming off people before I cut her off.

"I get it. Lots of protectors, lot of people." I laughed. "Thanks for talking to me Cheech." I whispered, hugging her one last time.

"Anytime Rhy-Rhy." She hugged back.

"Well I better get back to Chase before he flips a switch." I chuckled, standing up.

I made my way back to my room, but when I opened the door, I regretted it immensely. Lauren was laying on my bed with nothing hut a bra and panties on and Chase was leaning over her breast.

"Rhyan!" Chase gasped. I shook my head at this sight.

"Rhyan let me explain!" Chase shouted after me.

I bolted down the steps and out the front door. I don't know where I was going, but it was going to be far from here. That's for damn sure.