Ch. 71 - i can and i will!

When we finally arrived at the Chinese restaurant, Chase locked his fingers with mine and guided me across the street with Cheyenne walking on the opposite side of me.

The petite girl motioned us to a table where we ordered our drinks and our food.

"I don't see how you can eat sushi!" Cheyenne said, making a disgusted face at me.

"Like this." I said, popping a piece into my mouth. Cheyenne faked a gag and Chase laughed lowly as he held me closer to his side.

We took our time eating, and the whole time I couldn't help but feel as though someone was watching me. Whenever I would look around, nothing! Maybe i'm just going crazy.

We payed and left the restaurant, returning home within 10 minutes. I grabbed Chase's hand and he led me inside. Before I could even take two steps inside, I was nearly tackled by Lauren, Hunter, and Kameron.

"Give her some space!" Cheyenne shouted, forcing everyone a couple of steps back.

"We missed you so much!" Lauren said, hugging me gently. Next was Hunter, then Kameron.

"I missed y'all too." I smiled at them sweetly.

"Come on. You're probably really tired. We're going to bed!" Chase announce as he led me up the stairs.

"So!" I said as I slid into my shorts and tank top. "Mind telling me why i was at the hospital again?"

Chase looked at me sadly before stripping off his shirt and into some long shorts. He slid into the bed and pulled me tightly against him.

"Katelyn helped Jason escape. They ran off of our land and into unmarked territory. They called you to bring them something when I heard you on the phone with them. We went to arrest them and only got Katelyn." He explained.

"Why didn't you get Jason?" I asked slowly.

"He sent her by herself. After that, you fell into depression and Cheyenne said we needed to take you to the doctor." He sighed.

"Oh." That all I could say. I didn't know what to say, Feel, or think about all of this.

"While you were unconscious, the doctor said to keep an eye on you for the next week or so because you might have black outs, tunnel vision, or in serious cases seizures." He said, sympathy leaking from his tone.

"Alright." I murmured.

"Are you okay baby?" He asked me, twirling a strand of my hair around his finger.

"Yeah. I'm just really tired. Like, mentally drained, I guess." I said, yawning. He nodded his head in agreement.

He quickly kissed my forehead as he pulled me closer to him.

"Good night Rhyan. I love you." He said sleepily.

"Night. I love you too." I mumbled as sleep consumed me quickly.

I woke up the next morning to a large arm wrapped tightly around my waist. I peered up and saw that Chase was starring down lovingly at me.

"Morning sleepy head." He smiled.

"Morning." I yawned.

"Are you ready for your first day back to school?" He asked me tenderly.

"School! Oh my goodness what are my teachers gonna think? What is my team gonna think? I hate my life!" I said, slapping a hand to my forehead.

"Tell your teachers you had family problems. And Cheyenne's been taking care of your team. They don't expect anything from you. She and Sierah had a talk with the teams and told them you wouldn't be at your strongest this week." He explained calmly.

"Now, go take a shower so we can leave." I did as e said and quickly went through my morning routine.

About 45 minute later, I was walking into the school and towards my locker with Chase and Lauren. I grabbed all my books and headed towards class.

All morning I kept getting a bunch of; "hope you feel better"s, "we missed you"s, "if you need help catching up call me"s and a lot more. People are honestly so sweet around here!

I slid into a booth in the cafeteria with Lauren, Chase, Hunter, and Cheyenne. Chase had oh so kindly gotten my a sandwich, bag of chips, and a water bottle.

"Thanks." I said, kissing his cheek as he slid the trey in front of me.

"Don't worry about it." He said.

"No, I mean thanks you. All of you. You guys have been helping me since I got home and I don't know how to thank you guys." I said towards my friends.

"just being able to see you walking around, awake, and back to normal again is thanks enough." Lauren smiled sweetly.

"Speak for yourself. I've been carrying her books all day!" Hunter said to Lauren. "You can say thanks by making me one of your famous Apple Caramel cakes." He smiled earning a smack on the back of the head from both Cheyenne and Lauren, a glare from Chase, and a laugh from me.

"If you buy the stuff, i'll make you a cake." I giggled, taking a swig of my water. He pumped his fist in the air and we all began to eat.

About 5 minutes had passed and we were all talking, when all my friends fell silent and glare above my head I gave them questioning looks and turned around. I saw Justin standing behind our booth and glared at him as he smirked down at me.

"It's good to see you back again Rhyan. A lot of people missed you, not including me. But the sports department is ecstatic to have you back in time for the big game Friday."

"And as sports reporter and camera man for the school's morning show, it would be a hame to not see you play." He smirked.

"Oh don't worry! I don't want to let down our team's fans by benching the whole time. I'll be out there to impress and win." I said smugly. His smirk dropped into a glare and he just turned away and stormed off.

"You're not playing Friday." Chase said numbly.

"Yes I am. I'm not letting down my team. Plus he knows I want to play and he' rubbing it in. I'm not letting him win this." I said back, popping the last chip into my mouth.

I grabbed my trash filled trey and whisked it away to the trash can with Cheyenne on my heels. We exited the cafeteria and sped towards the athletic office.

"Rhyan you can't do this. You're not strong enough to play yet. You can't play!" She pleaded.

"Oh I can, and I will!" I demanded, flinging the large metal door open in a huff. I am so playing at that game Friday! Whether Chase likes it or not!