Ch. 50 - why?

I reluctantly left Chase's side and made my way over to my little sister. I sat down next to her and almost immediately, she threw he arms around me and began to ball into my shoulder.

"It's gonna be okay." I said quietly, rubbing her back.

"No it's not. I thought I lost you forever Rhyan! You were gone for so long and I had no way of contacting you. I just found out your my sister and less than 2 months later, you're kidnapped! An then my mate attacks my friend? Why? Why me? What did I ever do to deserve this, Rhyan?" She said in a small voice.

"You could never lose me! I'm not that easy to get rid of. And a for Jason, you haven't give him time to change or a chance to explain. Chase told me he asked to talk to YOU. You're his mate, Katelyn. Give him some time. If he knows your relationship is at stake because of his actions, he'll change. But you have to think, he's gone a lot longer without his mate than you have. Being a rogue is what he's used to and he's not going to change in a matter of 3-4 weeks. He's been living the same lifestyle for over 20 years, Kate." I reasoned.

"I guess you're right. How are you doing? Do you need to talk? Because I'm here!" She said as she wiped away her old tears.

"I've been better physically. But I'm home now and I couldn't be happier. But I don't want to talk about that stuff. I'm going to go talk to Jason, and you're going to come with me." I said, lacing my fingers with hers.

"I don want to talk to him!" She demanded.

"Okay, okay. You don't have to talk to him. Just come down there with me and listen to what he has to say." I said calmly.

"Okay.'' She said after a moment of silence.

We walked into the house and I remembered Hunter had to go with us.

"Hunterrrrrrr!" I yelled from the front door. In seconds he came sprinting out of the kitchen, looking more panicked than ever.

"What's wrong?" He asked frantically.

"Chase said you have to go with us to talk to Jason." I said sweetly.

He glared at me and straightened himself up. "You know, I've missed you. Even you'r wacky side, hard to believe, I know." He said, leading us through the kitchen and into a small hallway I never knew we had.

We entered a black wooden door and the lights were so sim, I had to cling to Katelyn's hand so she wouldn't disappear. We walked through a hallway of cells, kind of like the ones I was in except there were cells on both sides of the hallway.

The entire walk there, the prisoners kept wolf-whistling at Katelyn and I. We continued until we were in small room with one cell in it. And Jason was the one in the cell. When we walked in, he was laying on the bed starring up at the blank ceiling.

We stood there for a second before I finally cleared my throat an gathered his attention. He looked at me for a second before his gaze snapped to Katelyn. He bolted off the bed and to the cell bars.

"Katelyn." He purred. She quickly stepped away from the bars and behind me. She gripped y shirt in her hands tightly as she pressed her forehead in between my shoulder blades.

"She doesn't want to talk." I said harshly.

"Then why did you come down here?" He growled as his eyes pierced into mine. At his words, Katelyn moved out from behind me and got very close to where he was.

"Don't you DARE growl at my sister!" She snapped. He looked shocked at her tone. "She asked me to come down here and hear what you have to say. But so far, you're not giving me a good enough reason to stay in here and listen." She spat.

I grabbed her hand in mine again a. Pulled her back so she washstand I tightly against my side.

"Why did you attack Lauren?" I asked firmly.

"I-I honestly don't know. I guess it was instinct to attack another wolf." He sighed, his eyes never leaving Katelyn's.

"I don't believe him." I whispered to Hunter. He nodded and Jason spoke again.

"Don't believe me, but it's the truth." He said painfully.

"Katelyn, can I talk to you outside for a second?" I asked, when I saw them starring at each other.

"Of course." She smiled at me.

I led her out of the room an the whistles started again. The guard at the end of the hallway guarding the door to exit, waved back at me when I waved hello to him.

"He's not going to tell us why he did it. But if you could-" I started before she cut me off.

"No. I want nothing to do with this. He's a lying bastard and I want nothing to so with his case." She said dryly.

"I understand Katelyn. But if you want to help him you need to get him to trust you so he'll trust you enough to tell you why he attacked one of your friends." I responded.

She sighed and thought about it or a minute. "I don't want to help him. But I want to help Lauren. Lets do this." She smirked and I led her back into his room.

Hunter and Jason looked up at us and a smile spread across Jason's face when he saw Lauren. Her hand squeeze mine tightly as if she was saying 'I hope it works'. I squeezed hers in return an we walked over to the guys.

Katelyn walked up to his cell and held one of his hands in hers. "I'm sorry for the way I acted before. I guess it was just seeing you in here made me angry. I didn't mean to take my anger out on you. Forgive me?" She asked.

Wow! She's a really good actress! I wonder if she's ever done that to me before? Well, I'm just going to have to ask her when we leave.

"What did you guys talk about out there?" Hunter asked as I leaned against the wall next to him.

"I'll tell you upstairs." I smirked.

"I could never stay mad at someone as beautiful as you." Jason cooed. Blech!!

"I want to he a good mate. What can I so to earn your loyalty?" She asked.

"Come see me everyday." He said.

"Done." She said after a second of pondering. They smiled at each other and I hesitantly budded into their mush fest.

"Umm. Katelyn, we have to go." They both turned their heads to me and happiness flashed through Katelyn's eyes.

"Alright. I'll be back down here tomorrow." He smiled at him. He nodded in response. He leaned to the bars and kissed her cheek sweetly.

He might be a bad person, but you can tell he loves Katelyn. She just doesn't show her love for him. And what I've learned about mates is that they have a strong love for each other. So I know she love him back.

We left the room and walked back upstairs to meet everyone in the kitchen. I pranced over to Chase and he immediately wrapped his arms around me.

"How did it go?" He asked.

"Not so well. He won't talk to me or Hunter, but I have a plan. Katelyn going to earn his trust and eventually he'll tell her why he did it. After all, they are mates and he loves her." I sighed.

He kissed the top of my head and I leaned deeper into his chest. I know I've said it a lot, but I missed him. His touch, his scent, his everything! I never want to leave his side ever again. Too bad I have to return to school. I won't get to see him for the first two hours of school, but then i'll have him all day.