Ch. 58 - Taylor Swift

"So how did you guys like volunteering at the hospital?" I asked Hunter, Chase and Katelyn as I turned in the front set to face them.

"It was fun." Chase smiled.

"I didn't think it would be like that. It was cool." Hunter grinned.

"We should do it everyday! Kayla was so sweet and I feel so good knowing we made he day better!" Katelyn said, bouncing in her seat.

"Well Cheyenne and I used to go once a week! But we stopped because we were getting too attached to the kids." I explained.

"What's wrong with getting attached to them?" Hunter asked.

"Those kid have life threatening diseases. Not all of them live to see their next birthday or holiday." I said, tear brimming my eyes.

Cheyenne reached over with one of her hands and held mine that was laying on the consul between us. She gave me a reassuring squeeze on the hand as she knew I was thinking about all the kids we used to volunteer for.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry." Hunter apologize when he heard a quiet whimper leave my throat.

"It's not your fault." I reassured him.

The ret of the drive home was silent. The only sound was the music that was coming through the speakers from Cheyenne's phones playlist.

As we were about to pull into a diner's parking lot to get dinner, the one song I dreaded came on. Ronan by Taylor Swift. I began to sob into my hands as the words rang through out the car.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Chase asked from the seat behind me.

"It's this song. It's about a boy dying of cancer. She relates to it and I completely forgot I had it on my phone." Cheyenne answered because I couldn't sop crying.

"I gonna take her to the bathroom to clean up. You guys go ahead and get us a table." Cheyenne said as everyone climbed out of the car. We all walked inside and Cheyenne guided me to the bathroom.

I finally sobered up after a good 5 minutes of crying into Cheyenne's shoulder. She pulled out her makeup bag from her purse and handed it to me. I applied waterproof mascara since I knew I would probably cry again. I handed her back her makeup and we exited the restroom to find our friends in a large booth by the window.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked sliding in next to Chase and intertwining my fingers with his.

"Tolo." Katelyn said happily.

Tolo is a Christmas dance that our school has every winter. Instead of the his asking, the girls are supposed to ask the guys. Some schools call it winter formal, or Santa switch.

"Ohhh, I can't wait for Tolo!" I squealed excitedly.

"Are you guys going to be on the commitee?" Hunter asked as the waitress sat down 5 burgers that I'm guessing they ordered while we were in the bathroom.

"Hell yes!" Cheyenne snapped, giving him a stupid look.

"Okay, okay!" He said, holding up his hands in surrender.

"Are you going to do committee?" I asked Chase.

"I can't. I have meetings all week after school." He said sadly.

"Oh, okay." I said disappointedly.

We are our food as we continue our conversation about Tolo. We finished out food and payed.

Once we were home, I remained outside with Cheyenne while the guys went for a run as their wolves and Katelyn went to 'spend time' with Jason.

"So, are you excited about running for snow princess?" She asked me.

Since we have prom king and queen, we thought we should have something for Tolo and for lower class men. So Tolo has ice-queen and ice-king for seniors and juniors. And snow princess and snow prince for softmores and freshman.

"I don't know. If I run for snow princess then Chase has to run for prince." I shrugged.

"Not necessarily." He responded.

"I so t really feel like having a slow dance with someone other than him. It would be awkward and Chase would literally kill them." I said, scrunching up my nose at the thought.

"You're right."she laughed.

"I know I am." I smirked.

Within seconds, a large black wolf and a large, but smaller tan wolf emerged from the trees. I smiled as they walked towards Cheyenne and I.

Chase sat his large head on my lap and laid down in front of my Indian crossed legs. He started up at me as I ran my hands over the thick dark fur on top of his head.

I began rubbing the fur in between his eyes and I felt him purring in delight. I pulled my hand away an grabbed my phone from my pocket when it vibrated.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe, it's mom."

"Hey mom! What's up?"

"I was just wanting to see if you and Chase wanted to come to dinner tomorrow night?"

"Umm, let me ask."

"Chase, do you want to go to dinner at my moms tomorrow night?" I asked him. He looked at me and ran his hot tongue up my ave in response.

"The said yeah. Hey! I have to go."

"Alright I love you hunny."

"Love you too."

I hung up the phone and glared down at Chase who was whimpering in my lap.

"You. Licked. Me." I said through clenched teeth. He sat there starring at me innocently like he didn't know what I was talking about.

"Shift!" I demanded. He got off y lap and pranced back to the trees, hanging his head low.

I guess he thought I was mad at him because he came back, still dangling his head.

"You. Licked. Me." I said slowly as he stepped in front of me. He muttered a quick sorry.

I grabbed his head between my hands so he was looking at me. Quickly, I ran my tongue up from his chin to his forehead. I laughed at his shocked expression.

"I deserve that. But you deserve this." He said, throwing me over his shoulder and running into the house with me. He ran up to our room and threw me on the bed, the entire time I was banging on his back, yelling for someone to help me.

"That was hot." He whispered huskily, leaning over me as I laid on the bed.

"You're sick." I said, pushing my finger into his chest.

"You like it." He smirked evilly.

"Maybe." I grinned. He pulled me into him so our lips were tightly together.

And I'm pretty sure you know what happened the rest of that night. If not, we did the nasty.