Ch. 51 - face off

I walked into school on Monday morning with Lauren and Chase practically glued to my sides. Ever since I went to talk to Jason the other night, I apparently not aloud to be alone. Everyone has made it their job to keep with someone at all times.

Like, this morning when I took a shower, Chase sat on the counter the entire time, watching the door.

I walked up to my locker and parted ways with Chase. I opened my locker and grabbed all my morning books and my binder.

"So what did I miss?" I asked Lauren.

"Well, in first period we're doing partner projects. You're my partner." She smiled. I laughed as I shut my locker.

I turned around and instantly regretted it. I automatically locked eyes with Justin. I froze and Lauren looked confused. She looked over and saw Justin walking towards me. When he got close, she stepped in front of me.

"Stay. Away. From. Her." He growled through clenched teeth.

"Calm down mutt, I just wan to talk to her." He said defensively. She looked at me questioningly. I began to hake with fear as she slid to y side and locked arm with me.

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"Don't get comfy, we'll be back to get you." He whispered in my ear.

Justin pulled away and smirked at me before he turned and walked away. I began to shake with fear.

"Rhyan? Are you-" se couldn't even finish he sentence because I had bolted down the hallway and into the girls bathroom.

I hit the wall o the opposite side of the room from the door and sank to the floor. I pulled my knees to my chest and buried my face in my arms. My breathing became hollow as I started to have a panic attack.

I felt someone's presence next to me. I looked to my left and saw Lauren sitting next to me and Cheyenne in front of me. Lauren draped her arms over my shoulders and pulled me into her shoulder.

"Rhyan, you need to calm down. You're having a panic attack." Cheyenne said, pulling me from Lauren and starring me into the eyes as her hand stick to my shoulders.

"Where's your inhaler?" She asked. I shakily pointed to my bag that sat under one of the sinks.

She scooted over there and dug through it till she found it. She handed me the red and white plastic and I began my treatment.

Once I was calm, I rested my head against the wall behind me. I felt both of them starring at me an I shortly became self-conscious.

"What did he say to you, Rhyan?" Lauren asked firmly.

"He said not to get comfy because they were coming to get me." I said in a small voice.

"No. No there not. We won't let them anywhere near you babe. Chase would kill anyone who tries to take you from him. So would Hunter, Aiden, and the others. We won't let you endure that pain again." Cheyenne said reassuringly.

I nodded okay and they helped me to my feet and handed me my bag. "Let's go to class before we get detention." Lauren chuckled, causing my face to break out in a smile.

Morning classes passed by very slowly. The entire time I was in a classroom and teachers weren't talking, or when I was out in the hallways; I had people telling me 'school wasn't the same with you' or 'glad you're feeling batter'. Everybody except Justin, who just kept glaring at Chase and I and all of my friends. Like, really dude, get a life!!

I walked to lunch with Chase's arm draped over my shoulders protectively. We entered the lunchroom and sat at our usual table with our friends. I sat alone while Chase went to get us food.