Ch. 5 - a new schedule

I woke up the next morning to 'We Own It' by wiz Khalifa playing on my alarm clock. I quickly turned it off and walked into my bathroom where I took the hottest shower my skin would allow. I hopped out an rolled on thin eyeliner and flipped my hair into a side braid after I blow dried it. I made my way to my closet and wiggled into dark blue skinny jeans, a white button down shirt and black flats.

I quickly skipped down stairs and found a banana sitting on the counter. I quickly ate it as Cheyenne walked in the back door. I looked down and saw that she was wearing white leggings and a floral blouse with black and white gladiators.

"You look nice. Who is he?" She asked squinting her eyes at me.

"Why does there always have to be a guy?"I smiled.

"You don't dress up like this for school." She laughed.

"Today's different. It's a good day." I smiled as a horn honked from the front of the house.

"And there's our ride." I said, pointing to the door.

"I thought we were walking?" She said giving me a questioning look.

"Change of plans." I said as I walked out of the house.

"Isn't that the guy from the club?"she whispered as I locked the door.

"Yupp. And I guess he thinks he owns me now." I chuckled as we walked to the car.

"I didn't know I was picking up hitch hikers." Chase laughed.

"We're a package deal." Cheyenne sassed.

"Okay." He said, raising his hands in surrender.

We pulled up to the school at about 7:15 and parked In the back parking lot. As soon as we stepped out of the car, around 10 guys and girls swarmed around us. I didn't like this kind of attention so I pushed my way past them with Cheyenne's wrist in my hand.

I kept walking till I reached mine and Cheyenne's lockers when she finally spoke up.

"What was that?"

"I don't know. But I hope to never find out!" I joked.

"Whatever. Come on. We're going to be late if we don't hurry." She said as I grabbed my books and closed my locker door.

I rushed into biology and sat down at my normal seat next to Cheyenne and in the very back. I didn't expect anyone to sit in the seat on my right, but what surprised me even more was that it was Chase.

"Where did you go this morning?" He questioned.

"I don't like being mobbed first thing in the morning." I smiled.

"Im sorry about that." He sighed.

"It's not your fault." I said as I started writing down the notes the teacher had uploaded onto the Promethium Board for us to write.

"Good morning class!" Ms.ferris smiled warmly as she entered the room.

"Morning." I mumbled.

"Since its the first week of being back from spring break, I prepared a partner assignment for you. Seeing as the last time you picked your partners, you started a fire," she said eyeing Chase and Hunter.

"I will pick your partners." She finished

Around of groans flooded the room. I

Guess Cheyenne and I were to only ones who smiled because we knew she would put us together.

"Addy and Mark."

"Jonathon and Erica."

"Daniel and Amy."