Ch. 22 - unwanted guests

After we left the restaurant and took the bag if shirts over to our house, we headed over to the main house.

I walked in the door with Chase hit on my heels, when I quickly regretted ever opening the door. Standing in front of me was my dad.

I walked in the house the rest of the way and hut the door behind Chase. He have me a confused look before I just hook my head in response.

"Hi sweetie. Come and have a seat." My mom smiled, patting the seat next to her for Chase an I. I walked over and sat between Chase and my mom with my dad across from me in the arm chair as a young girl about 13 sat next to him.

"Rhyan. I was out groceries shopping when I ran into your father. He thought it would've good to introduce you to someone." My mom smiled painfully.

"Rhyan, this is Katelyn. She's your sister." My dad said, motioning to the girl who resembled me generously.

We had the same deep brown, wavy hair. The same brown eyes that peered darkly at the edge and grew to a light brown on the inside. She had the same cheekbones as I. We looked identical except the fact that she was a little pudgier than I, had her cartilage on her left ear pierced and had four earrings lining each each.

"Hi." She said quietly, waving her hand at me.

"Hi." I replied uneasily.

"Since you two just met and I would like you two to grow closer, Katelyn is going to be living with you till she finished high-school. I didn't tell you this Katelyn but i'm going back to Iraq for awhile." My dad said, taking Katelyn's hand in his.

"What?" Katelyn and I both snapped.

"Miss. Kem said that you could stay with her until you finish school. This will be perfect for you and Rhyan to get to know each other." He finished.

"Where is she going to sleep for the rest of the summer?'' i asked as if it was the answer to all my worries.

"In the guest house with you and Chase." My mom replied.

Without another word, I shot out of my seat and stormed out of re house and to Chase an I's. I walked in the house and bolted to me and Chase's room. I quickly flung myself onto my bed and grabbed my pillow, unleashing all my rage into a scream.

I haven't seen my dad in so long and now hen he shows up, I have a sister and she's going to be living with me for the rest of high school. I only going to be a freaking softmore! She's probably just getting into high school.

As I began thinking over all of this, I heard a dot knock on to door before it opened and Chase walked in. He sat on the bed next to my sprawled out body and started soothingly rubbing my back.

"Is she in the house?" I muffled into the pillow.

"Not yet. Her, your dad, and your mom are going to get something to eat before she brings her stuff over." Hs said cautiously.

I groaned loudly before looking up and seeing a smug look on his face.

"She's your sister. You've never even met her. Just try to get to know her before you completely cut her off." He tried to negotiate.

"Whatever." I mumbled. I slowly slipped over so I was laying on my back and facing the ceiling. He leaned over and kissed me lovingly on the lips until someone cleared their throat in the room.

I pulled away and looked away to see Katelyn and my dad looking at us.

"I'm guessing this is his room. Rhyan, where will Katelyn be sleeping?" he asked. I could have said on the floor or outside, but I had to be nice to her.

"Actually, this is OUR room. And i'll show you where you'll be sleeping." I smile weakly, climbing off the bed and grabbing onto Katelyn's hand.

Before I led Katelyn to her room, I turned to see my dad scowling at Chase dangerously.

I walked into the room that was across from ours and next to the stair case. I walked in and dropped her hand. She smiled sweetly at me before lifting her duffle bag onto her queen sized bed.

"Are you um, hungry?" I asked sheepishly.

"No. Thank you though." She smiled brightly.

"Well you know where our room is if you need anything." I smiled, heading for the door. She nodded before she began to unpack.

I was about to walk into my room, when I head Chase and my dad talking. I know people say 'curiosity killed the cat', but I human not a cat so therefor I'm untouchable.

I leaned in closer to the halfway opened door and listened to my father's words.

"I don't care who you are, but you need to keep away from my little girl. She doesn't need to get hurt again."

"With all do respect sir, I'm not the one that keeps hurting her. When she gets upset about something and cries, I'm the one she cries to because you're not there! We were having a great vacation until you came into this equation." Chase replied viciously.

"You son of a-" my dad started before I forced the door open and walked over to Chase. I wrapped my arms around him from the side.

"I think it's time for you to leave." I said coldly towards my dad.

"Who are you talking to young lady? I am your father!" My dad snapped.

"Well you haven't acted like one! I haven't seen you since you left us and now you have the nerve to force Katelyn onto us. For god sakes!at least think of her feelings if your not going to anyone else's. You're forcing her into a family and she doesn't know any of us." I said, venom lacing my every word.

"I don't have to take this from you." He spat, turning and leaving the house.

I sighed before resting my head on Chase's chest and leaning on him. I looked out into the hallway and saw Katelyn standing in her doorway looking at us uncomfortably.

"So! What would you ladies like to do now?" Chase asked, scaring me as he clapped his hands together.

"I for one, would like to take a nap." I smiled, causing Katelyn to smile with me.

They both agreed. Chase an I bid Katelyn goodbye and she closed her door and then we closed our door. I laid down on my side f the bed an snuggled deep into Chase's chest before I fell into a quick slumber.