Ch. 3 - a cookout

I slipped out of the shower the next morning and dried off. I walked over to my closet and pulled out light turquoise short shorts, a grey t-shirt, and matching turquoise vans. As I unlocked my phone I noticed I had an unread message from Chase. I opened it and almost had a panic attack when I read what it said. 'BE THERE IN 5' I received the message 6 minutes ago. I quickly ran into my bathroom and rolled on quick eyeliner and threw my hair into a high pony tail.

"What took so long?" Chase asked as I climbed into the black mustang.

"I forgot my phone was on vibrate." I sighed.

"Okay" he laughed, pulling out of the long brick driveway.

"So who is going to be there?"I asked, turning to face him.

"My whole p-family." He said, catching himself.

"Okay. Do you mind if I turn on the radio?" I asked, eyeing the radio that was changing colors.

"Go ahead." He said pushing the on button. I decided to listen to the station it was on since it was 96.1, my favorite station.

"Chase! That's a lot of people!" I demanded as we pulled up to a crowd of at least 140 people.

"You'll be fine." He cooed.

"What if they don't like me? I don't wanna be alone!" I said, shooting my head around in alarm.

"Calm down. 1, they'll love you. 2, if you're with me you you won't have to worry about being alone." He said with a small smile.

"Okay. I think I'm ready." I said taking a deep breath.

"Okay." He said as we opened the doors and got out. I started walking towards the group slowly, when Chase caught up to me and grabbed my hand protectively in his.

The cookout went quite well! I met almost everyone in his REALLY big family. It was a little strange when his cousin James started hitting on me and Chase growled at him though. But besides that it was pretty normal.

"Come on" chase said, dragging me over to a group of girls who wouldn't have been older than 25.

"Rhyan, this is my older sister Kameron. Kameron, this is Rhyan." He said. I smiled and as I said hello, my phone started vibrating roughly in my back pocket. I quickly excused myself to answer it.

I easily regretted it when I saw it was my mom.

"Hello?"

"Rhyan! Where the hell are you?! I came home from work and you were gone. Did you forget that we were supposed to take your grandfather out for his birthday dinner tonight?"

"Shit I forgot! How much time do I have?"

"Half an hour."

"That's enough time to get home and changed! Ill call you when I'm about to leave!oh! And can I bring a friend?"

"Who?"

"Chase."

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"No mom. Can he come?"

"I guess. But you have to hurry!"

"Okay! Bye!"

I quickly hung up and ran over to Chase.

"What's up?" He asked when I looked at him nervously.

"We're taking my grandpa out to his birthday dinner! And you're invited."I smiled.

"What makes to I think I want to go?" He teased.

"Because I came here with you." I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Okay." He laughed.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

SORRY THIS CHAPTER'S SO SHORT. HOPEFULLY THE NEXT ONE WILL BE LONGER. :) DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!