Ch. 8 - meeting the pack

After Chase and I left the park we headed to my house so I could go and change before I met everyone.

"I'll be real quick!" I said as he sat down on my bed.

"Okay." He said back.

I quickly ran into my closet and closed the door. I looked around for something appropriate and something comfortable. I decided on red short shorts, white sandals, and a white blouse tank top.

"Okay." I smiled as I walked out of the large closet.

"Finally." He sighed, lifting himself off of the bed and out the door.

The drive to Chase's house had me on end the entire 30 minutes. i couldn't believe that their pack house was in a clearing in the middle of the forest.

"How many people live here?" I asked as I saw a bunch of cars all over the place.

"About 120. Maybe 130."he responded nonchalantly. My eyes bulged at the large number of people in one house.

"This is going to take forever." I sighed.

"No. It'll be quick."he half smiled.

This boy was up to something but I didn't know what.

As we approached the large house, Chase intertwined our fingers.

"Don't be so nervous. You're my mate and I know for a fact that they're going to love you!" He reassured me.

"I just don't want to make any bad first impressions." I sighed.

"Rhyan, quit thinking the worst of things!" He said as he squeezed my hand in his.

"You're right. I'm sorry." I apologized as I have him a sideways hug.

"It's alright." He smile as he opened the door and guided me in.

As we stepped in side I was immediately in awe at the large, beautiful house. The floors were white and black tiles, followed by a large grad staircase that led to another floor.

"How big is this place?" I asked Chase.

"There's 4 floors. It's just a big square so don't get scared." He cooed, rubbing circles on the back The my hand with his thumb.

"Chase! There you are! You're late!" A feminine voice rang out from down the hallway.

"Mom, this is Rhyan. Rhyan, this is my mom." Chase smiled.

"It's really nice to meet you." I said as we shook hands.

"Likewise." She responded.

"You're late! Now get her in there before your father has a conniption!" She snapped at Chase.

"Come on." Chase laughed as we jogged down the hallway and halted at two large doors.

"Come on." He said, taking m hand in his.

As he opened the door to what looked like a ballroom with loads of tables, I noticed a large sea of people talking amongst themselves.

"Oh my god." I said under my breath.

"Don't worry. Just smile and take deep breaths." He said softly.

"What took you so long?" A man growled as we stepped onto a large stage in the front of the room.

"Sorry alpha." Chase replied as he hung his head in shame.

"It was my fault alpha." I said immediately.

"I will not allow you're mate to take the blame for YOUR actions Chase." The man demanded.

"It wasn't his fault. It WAS mine. I forced him to take me home to change my clothes to look presentable for YOU!" I said sassily.

"A fighter. It'll be nice to have you in the pack." He said as he half smiled. He turned away, walking to what looked like a microphone.

"Pack members," He started.

"I would first like to start off by saying I have taken great pleasure in being your alpha over the years. But it burns my heart to say, I'm going to have to reside from my position of authority. You all know my son Chase. Well it seems as if he has found his mate. This means that in about a months time he will be taking over as alpha and she will be taking over as Luna. I trust that they will take care of this pack. In return I ask that you show them the same respect you have shown me over the years."

"Chase, would you like to say a few words?" His father asked, turning to face us.

"Yes, sir." Chase answered as he walked up to the microphone with my hand in his.

"Hello. As my father had mentioned, I have found my mate. Everyone, this is your new Luna Rhyan." He said, shortly followed by a wave of glares and growls.

"Enough!" Chase boomed.

"She is your new Luna and you shall treat her with respect." He growled.

"Yes. She's a human. But you WILL treat her with respect and vice versa! That's a command!" He boomed one last time.

Chase tightened his grip on my hand and walked us out of the room. Once we were in the hallway where nobody else was, I let the tear that I had been holding in since the beginning slip.

"Please don't cry." He cooed in my ear.

"I told you they wouldn't like me." I whimpered.

"It's because they don't know you yet." He said, wiping away the tear.

"They don't want to know me!" I said in a duh tone.

"Don't say that." He said bitterly.

"It's true." I stated bluntly.

"No it's not damn it!" He said, letting his anger take over.

"Don't. Cuss. At. Me." I said, squinting my eyes at him.

"Then quit being persistent! Once they get to know their Luna, they'll love her." He said softly.

"I'm done talking about this. I want to go home." I said easily.

"Fine." He said, walking away and out to his car, me hot on his trail.

I hate seeing him mad, but I don't give up on arguments easily! If I fight, I fight till the end! I love Chase with all my heart. When chase opened the car door for me, I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes before they glazed over.