Ch. 70 - Darkness. Silence. Fear

~RHYAN'S P.O.V~

Darkness. That's what I saw.

Silence. That's what I heard.

Fear. That's what I felt.

I sat there in my personal hell for what felt like an eternity. I hated silence and the dark. It's not that i'm scared of the dark, i'm scared of what's in it.

"Is she awake yet?" A voice asked. It sounded so much like my old Dr. But I wasn't for sure.

"No sir. But we don't know why. Last time it only took her a couple of days." An unfamiliar feminine voice responded.

"I'm not sure why it's taking so long. We'll try this and see if it works. If she doesn't wake up in the next 3 hours, we'll have to call her family and break the bad news." The man responded.

I felt a small pick in the crease my left arm before a searing burning flooded trough out my veins and took over my blood stream.

I heard the voices fading and the dark area returning back to silence. This was going to kill me.

After what felt like another century, I felt as if I was falling. The silence was replace with a horrible screeching sound and the fear was replaced by anxiety.

I felt the burning start to become distant as the darkness became brighter, almost as if I was walking towards a light.

A light? No! I can be dyeing! I haven't even had my sweet 16 yet! Or been married! Or had kids! I can't go now!! I can't leave this beautiful world, my beautiful family (even though it is dysfunctional), and i'll even miss Chase!

I began to thrash around, trying desperately to escape the lights as best as possible. My thrashing became strained as the lights became brighter. Finally, I just gave in and laid still as the lights became impossibly bright.

I blinked my eyes rapidly as I saw objects rushing around. I blinked and noticed they weren't angles or demons, but they were nurses.

"It's nice to see you awake." Dr. Meyers says as he enters the room holding a light brown clipboard.

"Where am i?" I asked, my voice sounding rough from how dry it was.

"You're at the Hospital." He smiled down at me as a nurse handed me a foam cup filled with water.

"How long have I been here?" I asked him as I downed the last of the water.

"About 1 week and 2 days." He answered. My mouth dropped in shock. Why had I been here for so long? Wasn't my family worried about me?

"Where's my mom?" I asked gin slowly.

"Rhyan, she's not the one who brought you here." He said, siting in the chair next to my bed.

"Then who did?" I asked him in confusion.

"Your friends Cheyenne and some young man." He said, flipping through some of the papers.

With in a few seconds, the door burst open and a relieved Cheyenne and Chase darted over to my bed.

"Thank goodness you're awake. We were so worried about you." Cheyenne said as she engulfed me in a hug. He was ripped from my grasp and Chase soon replaced her.

"I missed you so much." He whispered into my ear. He pulled back an quickly crushed his lips to mine passionately.

"We're going to have to run a couple more tests to make sure you're alright and then you're free to leave." The doctor assured me before walking out of the room.

After about an hour of being poked and prodded by the doctor and nurses, I was cleared to change and leave. I changed into the pair of skinny jeans, tank top, and hoodie that Chase brought me.

"Are you hungry? You haven't eaten in a while so you should really eat." Cheyenne said as she slid into the driver seat of Chase's mustang.

"Um, sure. Lets go to Teppinyaki!" I giggled, snuggling into Chase's side for warmth in his backseat.

"What ever you want baby daddy. Cheyenne smiled back at me. I slapped Chase's chest when a low growl erupted through him.

"It was a joke." I laughed.

"Better be." He huffed under his breath.

"No Chase. I really am Cheyenne's baby daddy. Two years ago I knocked her up an now we have an invisible son named James. I'm cheating on you with her an he's heating on Hunter with me." I said sarcastically.

Cheyenne burst out in laughter t my remark as Chase glare down at me. Quickly, he captured my lips with his. "Mine." He mumbled into my mouth.

Well then!