Ch. 66 - why? I dont understand

I woke up the next morning and took in my surroundings. Chase has his arms wrapped around my waist, the sun is shining brightly through the open curtains.

"Chaaaaaase." I dragged out in a sing-song voice.

"What?" He asked, tightening his grip around me and snuggling his face into the crook of my neck.

"We have school in a few. We need to get up and ready." I replied with a chuckle.

"Can't we just stay home and snuggle for the rest of the day?" He asked, pressing his mouth against my jaw and talking.

I giggled and answered, "No! You have to be there to get your credits!"

He snuggled his face deeper into my neck and gruffly said, "come on baby. Just this one thing for me."

I immediately shot out of his grip, out of the bed an against the wall by the bed. Images of the prison flashed through my mind. The guards would always saw that while touching you. All. Over. I pulled my knees to my chest and began to shed silent tears.

"Rhyan, what's wrong?" Chase asked shooting out of the bed and kneeling down beside me.

"They used to say that," I sniffled. "To me and the other girls."

He removed my hands and pulled me into his lap and I began sniffling and crying a little harder.

"It's okay. You're back now and I will NEVER let anyone near you again." He said soothingly, rubbing comforting circles in my back.

"You can't," I sniffled. "Guarantee that."

He gripped my chin between his fore finger and his thumb. We stared into each other's eyes and I instantly sobered from my tears.

"I. Can. And. I. Will." He said sternly.

I returned my gaze back down to my lap where my hands were and began fidgeting with them.

"Understand?" He asked a little more sweetly so he wouldn't scare me even more.

I nodded my head 'yes'. He pulled me into his tight embrace and I instantly breathed in his scent.

"I love you Rhyan." He mumbled into my neck, causing me to gigle.

"I love you too." I responded.

We sat there for about 10 minutes longer, just, enjoying each others presence. I glanced up at the clock that read 7:15.

"Crap! I have to take a shower!" I said, jumping from Chase's lap and sprinting to the bathroom.

I quickly went trough my morning routine and left my hair in its natural waves. I ran to the closet and slid into dark skinny jeans, a bright pink polo, black flats, and a black North Face jacket.

"Let's go!" I snapped, grabbing my bag, and running full speed down the steps.

I ran outside and jumped into the car. About 3 minute later, Chase joined me and tossed me a bag of fruit loops.

"Eat them." He ordered. I began shoveling handfuls of cereal into my mouth as he did the same with his pop tarts.

School dragged on a usual. I spent almost the whole day with Chase. As usual, I received nervous looks from Bianca and death glares from Justin.

I walked to my locker after last period and opened it. I shoved all my needed books and binders into my backpack as i noticed a folded piece of paper sticking out of the slits on my metal locker door.

I grabbed it and unfolded it to find a note. It read;

/I need you to meet me by the Weeping Willow tree outside the library out front at 2:50!/

I frowned when I saw that the note didn't have a signature and I didn't recognize the handwriting. I flung my bag over my shoulder and closed my locker just as I saw Chase approaching me.

"Hey babe." He said, pecking my cheek.

"Hey. Umm, I just got this note and I don't know who it's from. Come with me?" I asked, handing the piece of paper to him.

He skimmed over it before handing it back to me. He grabbed my hand in his and lead me towards the tree outside.

We sat underneath the tree for a good 15 minutes when I felt a presence behind Chase and I. I turned around and peered up at, a very noticeably pregnant, Bianca.

"You put the note in my locker?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows at her.

"Yeah. Why did you bring him?" She asked, starring harshly at Chase.

"He's an Alpha so he already knows you're pregnant." I answered.

"The whole fucking town knows. It's not really that hard to know. I look like I swallowed a fucking watermelon after all!" She snapped aggressively.

"Watch your tone." Chase growled. Bianca rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Why did you want to talk to me?" I asked, climbing to my feet.

"Because...I need someone to help me take care of the baby when it's born in a couple days." She said, leaning against the tree.

"How? It hasn't been 9 months yet." I asked curiously.

"Werewolf babies don't take that long Inside their mom. So if you got pregnant, it wouldn't take as long as normal." Chase explained as he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Anyways!" Bianca interrupted. "Will you go with me shopping for everything i'll need? Your mo td me you used to work at a day care." She asked.

"I guess. Umm, Friday? And, do you want a baby shower?" I asked her,leaning into Chase's body.

"I guess so. It's going to be a boy."she said, pulling herself off the tree.

"Alright. I'll stop by your house Friday and pic you up." I said.

"Okay. Bye." She said emotionless.

"Let's go home." Chase whispered in my ear, forcing shivers to run down my spine.

As soon as we got home, one f the pack warriors sprinted over to us a he struggled to breath.

"What's wrong Alex?" Chase asked gripping my hand in his tightly.

"Jason.....Katelyn..... Gone." He panted.

"What do you mean they're gone?!" He snarled.

"Katelyn came home from school at linch and went down to see him," he stopped to take a breath. "She hadn't come back upstairs for a good 2 hours so I won't down there to check on her. Hunter was knocked out on the floor, Jason's cell door was open and empty and Katelyn was nowhere to be found." He finished.

"Where are they now?" He asked fiercely.

"The trackers followed their scents to the pack border. They must have crossed into the unmarked territories. Unless they continued till the got to the next town over." Alex responded.

"Rhyan go inside and do your homework. I'm going to take care of this." Chase said, releasing my hand and nudging me towards the door.

I spare the guys one last glance before hesitantly going inside to do my homework.

It been about an hour and a half since I've started my work and I can't stop thinking about Katelyn and Jason leaving. I practically fell on the floor in surprise when my phone blared with music.

I grabbed it and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Rhyan! Thank god you answered!"

"Katelyn, where the hell are you? Are you okay? Did Jason force you to do this? Why would you hurt Hunter?"

"I'm fine. No Jason didn't make me do this. I can't tell you where I am. And I didn't mean to hurt Hunter, he just walked in when I was freeing Jason."

"Why did you call me if you're on the run?"

"Because I need you to do me a favor."

"No! I can't help you Kate!"

"Rhyan, I'm your baby sister and I need your help."

"Kate, I-I cant. I love you to death but I cant."

"Please, just bring the pink and blue plad back-pack that's on my bed to the borders. That's all I'm asking."

"I cant. Chase won't let me out of his sight an you know that! Especially not with that threat hanging over my head."

"I have to go! If you love me, you'll do it. Please, our lives depend on that in that bag, Rhy. Please."

"I love you Katelyn."

"I love you too Rhyan."

She quickly hug up. I dropped my phone onto the bed before sliding my knees to my chest an burrowing my face in them.

"What am I gonna do?" I asked myself.

I can't take her the bag! Chase will catch on and follow me. Them he'll grab Katelyn and Jason. Katelyn will end up in prison with Jason.

"You're going to take her the bag." Chase's voice rang out from the doorway.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because when you do, me and some of the warriors will be there to bring them back." He shrugged.

"No." I said, shaking my head.

"Yes." He said, walking over so he was standing next to me.

"I said no." I said more sternly.

"Rhyan, they're fugitives that escaped from a prison, knocked out a beta, and are running from the law. You have to do it. No more questions. Call her back and tell her you'll do it" he said, handing me my phone.

"Chase, she's my baby sister. If I turn her into you she'll never forgive me. I can't lose another person I love." I whispered the ending as I sat back down on the edge of the bed.

He sat down next to me an pulled me into his lap as I shed a silent tear.

"I'm sorry baby. But you need to think, if I don't get her and bring her back here, another pack could and you have no idea what some of those packs are capable of doing to prisoners." He said, tightening his grip around me.

"I guess you're right. But I'm going." I said sternly.

"No." He said.

"Either I go, or I don't call her." I said, leaning so I could see his face.

His jaw was clenched and his eyes were shut as he breathed in deeply. His eyes slowly opened and he met my gaze.

"Fine. But you will stay in the truck until we come back. I will have a guard standing guard by the door so you dot leave." He said.

"Okay." And with that, I called Katelyn back.