Ch. 23 - getting closer

I woke up to the bright sunlight peering in through the dark brown curtains. I looked at the clock that read 6:30. I guess we slept all day and night because we fell asleep at 4:00 in the afternoon.

I looked over an carefully lifted Chase's arm off of my hips. I snuck into the bathroom and did my usual routine except I rolled my hair into loose brown curls, pinned my hair back with a bright red daisy clip, and basic mascara.

I walked into my closet and slipped into black short-shorts, a red tank top and a black crop top that didn't make it past the bottom of my ribs and read 'love' in shiny silver cursive letters, and black chucks.

I walked down stairs and into the kitchen to find Katelyn sitting at the island. She had on white khaki shorts, a blue tanktop thatthat had ruffles all around the top rim, and white gladiators.

"You look really pretty today." She smiled.

"Thank. so do you." I replied, taking a bottle of water out of the fridge.

"Okay. So I know we just met and apparently we're sisters. So I want to get to know you better. How about we go out and have a bonding day." I suggested.

"Is that guy going with us?" He asked warily.

"If you want. Or it could be just you and I. It's whatever you want." I shrugged.

"He can go. Seeing as i'll be spending all summer with you two." She implied.

"Okay. I'm going to go wake him up and then we can leave." I smiled, walking back up the stairs and into our room.

"Chase. Wakey-wakey." I sang as I straddled his hips.

"Why?" He groaned.

"Because me, you, and Katelyn are going out. Get up and get dressed." I replied more firmly.

"Will you get my clothes for me?" He asked.

"Fine. Lazy." I smiled, crawling off the bed and walking to the closet. I pulled out a plain black t-shirt, a pair of khaki cargo shirts, and his black and yellow Adidas.

"Here." I said, throwing his clothes at him.

"Thank you." He said, pecking a kiss on my lips. I grabbed my phone an wallet and stuffed them into my pockets. I turned around and walked downstairs an into the kitchen.

Once Chase was done, we piled into the car and drove to get something to eat. After about 5 minutes of arguing on where to go, we pulled into a small diner. We walked inside and sat down at a booth when our waitress appeared.

"Hi. My name's Cassie and i'll be waiting on y'all today. What can I get y'all to drink?" She introduced herself.

The entire time we gave her our orders , I noticed Cassie kept checking out Chase.

After we ate, we paid the bill and she spoke again.

"Y'all have a good day now." She winked at Chase. I made a gagging sound before she left the table and she turned around and glared at me.

"If you don't mind, I would appreciate it if you'd stop flirting with my boyfriend." I snapped.

"Honey he could do so much better. Like me." she said disgustedly.

"Dating you would be a down-grade sweetie." I replied bitterly.

"Come on." Katelyn laughed, pulling me out of the booth.

Once we left the diner, Katelyn kept going on about how she can't believe I did that. And how I put that waitress in her place.

"We should go get some movies." I suggested as I saw 'Family Video' come into view.

We walked into Family Video and immediately we all walked to the scary movie section.

We grabbed Silence of the Lamb 1st 2nd 3rd & 4th, Freddie vs. Jason, Nightmare on Elm Street, Maximum Overdrive, Last House on the Left, Children of the Corn, and The Hills Have Eyes.

We walked up to the counter to rent the movies and i noticed the checkout guy was checking out something other than he movies. This boy was checking out my baby sister!

"Chase. Why don't you go outside and get the car started?" I asked, handing him the car keys.

"Alright?"he said, taking the lys and exiting the building.

"Katelyn. I think this guy likes you." I whispered in her ear.

"You think?"she responded.

"I know. Watch this." I winked, pulling away from her ear.

"So. Did you find a date for movie night tonight?" I asked aloud to Katelyn.

"No." She sighed.

"Well, maybe you'd like to come?" I asked the clerk.

"Um. I-I don't know." He stuttered.

"Oh come on! It'll be fun! It's just a friendly movie night." I smiled giddily.

"Alright." He said as if he was nervous.

"Yay! Okay. Here's our address and the time. Don't be late!" I smiled, sliding hi a piece of paper with our address on it.

Once we left the movie store, we went straight to wal•mart for movie snacks. We grabbed popcorn, sodas, m&m's, licorice, gummy bears, ice cream, an every other snack we could think of. We ended up spending $50 on JUST snacks and movies.

"Okay. So me and Katelyn are going to go upstairs and get ready for tonight. Since you are such a good cook, you can make dinner babe." I smiled, sitting down the groceries bags on the counter, kissing Chase an running upstairs with Katelyn.

"What do you usually wear to a movie night with a cute guy?" Katelyn asked me, shuffling through her closet of clothes.

"Katelyn. Katelyn!" I shouted as she began to have a panic attack.

"I'm sorry. I just- I'm going to sound so stupid and pathetic. But, I've never had a boyfriend before and I've never been on a date before." She whimpered.

"It's not stupid. You've been living with our dad for so long. Come on. Let me help you." I said, pulling her to her bed and siting we down before making my way to her dresser.

"First of all, it's night time. So you wear night clothes! Now let's see......do you not have any shorts?" I asked questioningly.

"No. Dad makes sure all my pants are at knee length or longer. It kinda sucks." She said bashfully.

"Well, you can borrow a pair of mine. And tomorrow we'll go shopping for you some summer clothes." I grinned.

I dragged Katelyn into my room and walked over to my side of the dresser. I grabbed two pairs of shorts and two tank tops.

I handed Katelyn a white tank top and purple booty shorts. She walked to her room an changed while I changed into a black tank top and neon pink and white booty shorts.

"Can you so something with this?" She asked, pointing towards her hair and quickly moving it to he face.

"Yeah." I chuckled, leading her into my room once more.

I pulled her into the bathroom and braided her hair into a tight fish-tail braid. Once done, I applied light mascara and a little blush to make her cheeks look more full.

"Thanks." She smiled once I was done. Before I could respond, he pulled me into a genuine hug.

"Don't worry about it. Now lets go, our dates are waiting on us." I smiled as we fled my room and walked down the stairs.