Ch. 46 - shocker!!

After we talked, well, after they talked and Mousey and I listened; we were escorted back to our cells.

I laid down and starred at the grey wall through the bars, when an all too familiar body stepped in my line of view.

"Can we talk?" He asked, I looked up and noticed it was my stalker.

I stayed quiet as I continued to stare at a new place on the wall. He sighed when I never answered. He unlocked my cell and slipped on. I didn't bother to move an inch when he sat on the concrete slab y my feet.

"This isn't my fault you know." He spoke softly. Again, I stayed silent.

"This would be a lot easier if you would respond to the conversation." He said.

"I'm not mating with you." I said blankly.

"I'm not that bad!" He protested, causing me to scoff. I quickly move to a sitting position as I pulled my knees to my chest.

"Look creepy stalker dude-" I started to sass.

"Brennan. My name's Brennan." He interrupted.

"Brennan. Whatever. I don't want to mate with you, I have a mate at home. Which is where I want to go. Home. Not here in this prison." I finally snapped. He looked at me in pure astonishment.

"And you think I want to mate with you?! I don't know where, but I have a mate out there. somewhere. I have no intentions of doing the dirty with someone like you." He growled.

"What do you mean 'someone like me'?" I barked.

"I mean; a bitchy, snobby, whiny brat who is used to getting what they want. For all I care, you can rot in here and I still couldn't care less!" He said dramatically.

I looked at him as I felt the tears coming to my eyes. Nobody has ever said something to me like that. I guess I never realized how rude I was until now. I began to cry into my arms that lay gracefully on my knees.

After a few seconds, I felt a large warm hand rubbing my back. I immediately clenched away.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry." Brennan apologized.

"No. I deserved it. I'm all of the things you said. I've just never noticed it until you said it." I said into my arms.

Instantly the hand returned. This time I made no effort to pull away when he pulled me into his embrace. Why was he being so nice to me when I've been nothing but mean to him since I saw him at the festival?

"I'm sorry." I apologized as he began to slowly rock us back and forth soothingly.

"It's not your fault. I can't imagine how scared you must be. Being taken away from your mate, having a sex god like me stalking you, being forced into a prison, and not to mention you're about to go into get at any moment." He said knowingly.

"What's heat?" I asked, pulling my head off of his chest.

"That's right. I forgot you're human." He said as he just remembered.

"I've only seen it happen to a couple humans, but that's because they're mated to werewolves." He said as I pulled away and sat Indian style.

"Whenever a human gets marked by a werewolf, they go into heat. You'll be really emotional, you'll experience a deep burning pain in the bottom of your stomach, and you'll be a serious horn dog." He said, smirking at the end.

"Don't get any ideas." I seethed.

"It wasn't my idea to mate with you babe." He smirked.

"As attractive as you are, I don't want you. I want Chase. You know, my mate." I said, scooting away from him.

"I'm kidding. But," he trailed off.

"But what?" I asked.

"If you want out of this prison, there's only two ways." He stayed, looking down at his lap.

"Well, are you gonna tell me what they are?" I asked impatiently.

He sighed before saying, "you can either mate with me, or I can help you escape. But helping you escape could take months." He gave me a look that surprised me. It looked like.......guilt?

"Can't we just act like we mated?" I asked.

"No. If we mated, they'd smell you on me and vice versa." He said, burying his face in his hands.

"I want out....but I can't mate with you. I love Chase, Brennan. He's my mate. He's my best friend." I whispered the last part.

"I'll get you out. I promise." He reassured me, looking deeply into my eyes.

He it up and, before exiting the cell, kissed my forehead. Ummm, are stalker/kidnappers supposed to do that?

I watched his retreating figure as I laid down once again on my 'bed'. I laid there thinking about Chase and this whole situation, when sleep finally overcame me.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

HEY, GUYS! I KNOW, I KNOW. SHORT CHAPTER. SORRY. BUT I'VE BEEN READING OVER SOME OF THE COMMENTS IN THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS. I WANT TO SAY, IF YOU DON'T LIKE HOW I WRITE MY STORY, NOBODY'S FORCING YOU TO READ IT. AND IF YOU'RE GOING THINKING SOMETHING MEAN, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

OTHER THAN THE HATERS, I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY!

LOVE YOU GUYS!