Chapter 90

Songs:

Anyway: Chris Brown

Us Against the World: Coldplay

I Won't Give Up: Jason Mraz

Flightless Bird, American Mouth: Iron & Wine

Make You Feel My Love: Adele

A.J.'s POV

Unlike yesterday, I didn't give, Harry the luxury of sleeping in to nurse his hangover. I woke him up as soon as I got back from getting the morning after pill and some condoms, just in case, making sure he was showered and got the stench of alcohol out of his system. Today, my little sister was here, I had to make her the priority, not him, and I did not want her to see, Harry this way, hungover and grumpy. Not only because of my obsessive need to protect my sister from things like this, but also because she looked up to him. I didn't know how she would react to seeing, Harry this way, and I wasn't willing to risk it either.

He was grumpy the entire time, mumbling profanities under his breath, but making sure I heard him. I ignored him, changing the bedding and cleaning the room. Once we were both ready, we headed out to the kitchen, waiting for, Odie and Theo to come down. Harry avoided any eye contact as I busied myself making breakfast and he went about texting someone on his phone. I'll admit it was bothering me, but I just ignored it, just like I planned on ignoring him.

"Why the hell are you guys up this early?" Odie complained.

"'Cause your sister is crazy," Harry joked, genuinely, sending a smile my way.

I cautiously smiled back before turning my attention towards my sister, offering her breakfast. Eventually, Theo made his way to the kitchen, joining us for breakfast. Of course, it was a bit awkward at first, but like usual, Odie was quick to break the ice.

Most of the day went by like that, Odie pleading with both men to keep their cool as the four of us went out on the town at her request. Even though we both had to work, I was sort of happy to be spending this time with them, not only because I was with my sister, but it was the first semi normal thing, Harry and I had done in days. And he was being affectionate, smiling at me and holding my hand. Part of me knew it was just for my sister's sake and possibly the cameras that were taking pictures, but another part of me decided to ignore those little facts and focus on our intertwined fingers.

We spent the first part of our morning, shopping, which contributed to my ever growing headache. I hated it, but I also found it exciting to spoil my baby sister, especially after the crazy day we had the day before. I knew it wasn't the way to handle things, but at the moment, shopping was the perfect retail therapy. For her anyway.

During lunch, I stayed quiet, watching the three of them as they spoke. Harry still looked like he wanted to punch, Theo, but he was controlling himself and behaving rather well. They sort of went into a discussion about, Odie's thoughts on moving to London. She was up for it, but didn't know how that would look when she applied for college. Though, Harry did his best to try to convince her otherwise, which I could tell she noticed and grew a little suspicious of his motives.

When we finally got back home, I excused myself from the three, complaining of a migraine and claiming to need a nap. I felt a little rude for just leaving them, especially leaving, Odie with those two clowns, knowing she would probably have to play referee between them. But, at that moment I didn't care. I just needed to get away from them. I wasn't ready to be around people and thinking otherwise was just stupid. Going to work was different. Yes, Sam and Olivia were there, but they kept their distance, only disturbing me if they absolutely needed to. Going out to be around actual people, was torture.