Chapter 28

Songs:

Trouble: Avicii

That's When I Knew: Alicia Keys

Not A Bad Thing: Justin Timberlake

Halo: Beyonce

A.J.'s POV

I hadn't let go of Harry's hand since we walked through the door, I hated the fact that both Theo and Natalie were here. As much as I thought I was over my childhood experience with Theo, I was only fooling myself. Since I had that talk with Harry, it felt like every feeling I had suppressed was surfacing. Then there was Natalie, I trusted Harry, but having her here still made me uneasy.

I sat with my back against Harry, his arm around my waist as we watched Tommy unwrap all his presents. Normally I would push him away, not wanting to show affection in front of people, but we were really passed that by now, besides I kind of enjoyed my mother's expressions as she watched us. I had to fight my urge to burst out laughing.

"Thank you auntie Kit, I love them all," Tommy ran up to me, hugging me as he sat in my lap with his new lego blocks.

"You're welcome bubba," I kissed his head of curls.

He pushed me away so he could get a closer look at Harry, "since you are my auntie's person, does that make you my uncle Harry?" He asked him.

I froze as I listened to him, but Harry just laughed. "You can call me whatever you'd like."

Tommy tapped his little finger on his cheek, debating his options as he stared at both of us, "Okay, uncle Harry," he smiled before hopping off.

"You need to stop," I smiled at Harry.

"What?" He asked with big eyes and a giant smirk.

"You're being too cute for my liking, you're killin' me smalls," he smiled before kissing me on the cheek. I laughed and shoved him away playfully, leaning against him again as his arms wrapped around me.

I noticed Theo watching us and immediately felt like I was going to be sick. I pushed Harry away before getting up and leaving to the kitchen. Unfortunately it was already occupied with my mom and Olivia. I hadn't even noticed they had left the living room.

"Oh good, you've finally detached yourself from that boy," my mom spoke up as she sat down on a stool with a cup of tea. "What time are the caterers going to be here?"

"They're not, I'm cooking," I walked over to the pantry where I kept my candy stash and pulled out a few, tossing one to Olivia. I needed some excuse on why I had left so abruptly.

"Don't be ridiculous, you don't even know how to cook, and you girls shouldn't be having sugar, Olivia is trying to lose weight."

I watched as olivia disregarded the candy, as if she had just received an order. Which we pretty much did, even though it wouldn't seem so to the rest of the world.

"First of all, Olivia, eat the stupid candy, you look amazing," I tossed her another candy. "Second, I've known how to cook since I went to go live with grandpa Max. Harry and I are cooking dinner whoever wants to help, can."

"What do you see in that boy?" She changed the subject. "I mean, he's odd, he's good looking, but you could do better. You should let Victor set you up with one of his friend's son's, you're a pretty enough girl, if you just stopped acting like a wild animal and learned how to hold your tongue, maybe someone will find you attractive enough..."

"That's enough," I warned her, I could feel my blood boiling.

I have heard this speech a million times, but now at the mention of Harry, I felt like I was going to lose it. Harry may not be the perfect person, sure we fight way too much, but in a short time, he had become a very important person in my life. I felt the need to defend him with everything I had, even if it was against my own mother.