Chapter 48

Songs:

Ordinary Girl: Rebelution

Hello: Beyonce

Rather Be: Jasmine Thompson

Harry's POV

You had to be fucking kidding me. I thought Max's mansion was huge. This place was probably twenty times bigger, if not more. The large red with white bordered painted "home" sat in the middle of the massive piece of land. Someone had offered to take our luggage, but Katarina refused, insisting that we were fine. She was speaking Spanish, but she explained it to me afterwards. 

We made our way down the long path with an equally long pond in the center. I stopped when we got at about the middle, picking a white lotus flower from the pond and handing it to Katarina. Her eyes went wide and a small giggle left her as though she had just done something wrong, but she thanked me with a kiss anyway.

"This place is huge," I whispered to her.

She laughed, a little embarrassed. "It's called a "hacienda", it's kinda like a ranch," she explained.

I repeated the word again and again, trying to get the pronunciation. We made our way up the few steps leading up to the giant double door. When we walked in, we were greeted by the familiar faces belonging to her parents and Olivia. Fuck. I knew they were going to be here, but I guess I had pushed it so far to the back of my head that I had almost forgot. I just prayed and hoped that Theo wasn't here. I swear if I saw him while we were here, I wouldn't be as civil as I had been the last time we were in the same room.

Along with her parents, another woman, that looked very similar to Katarina and a man who bared similarities to the woman and Sarah, were also in the room. Katarina halfheartedly greeted the four older adults and her stepsister, she was about to introduce me to them when her attention was caught by a woman who walked into the room.

A giant smile took over my Katarina's face, almost the same one that was there when she was around Alicia. She hugged the woman tightly, which she returned with equal affection and admiration as she studied the girl in front of her. While Katarina was busy with whoever walked into the room, I politely greeted her parents and sister, whom I had already met. Victor and Olivia were as polite as ever, but Sarah barely acknowledged my presence until the older woman by her side nudged her like a small child, saying some words in Spanish, which I clearly did not understand.

"What are they saying?" I quietly asked Odette who was right next to me. 

She crinkled her face as she looked at me. "How am I supposed to know? Does it look like I know Spanish?" I gave her a look, obviously she didn't look it, but I was certain she did. "Oh, shut up, I just don't like you. Don't talk to me." She stuck her tongue out at me trying to seem angry with me.

I was about to respond with something as equally cheeky, but we were interrupted by her father. "Harry, this is my mother-in-law, Maria Elena," he gestured towards the older woman. That made sense. She had the same features as Sarah, Katarina and Odette. Katarina clearly got her physical beauty from this side of the family, there was no denying that. Which was kind of awful really. I didn't understand how such a beautiful woman like Sarah could be so ugly and icky on the inside. "And this is Sarah's brother, Alex's dad, Lorenzo," he addressed to the man next to her.

"Nice to meet you," I didn't know what else to say as I shook their hands.

"Pleasure to meet you too, Harry, my daughter has told me so much about you," she spoke almost perfect English, except for the slight accent, which was a bit more pronounced than Alex's. I couldn't tell if she was being honest or if she was just being polite, or what? She was probably being sarcastic, that also ran in Katarina. Besides, what besides hateful words of detain could Sarah possibly say about me?