Chapter 67

Songs:

Lady In A Glass Dress: Chris Brown

I Got You: Leona Lewis

Only Love Can Hurt Like This: Paloma Faith

A.J.'s POV

I woke up as quietly and quickly as possible, careful not to wake up Harry. It was Monday and my appointment was first thing this morning. I had told Harry that I didn't need him to come with me since I was having Sam take me and I really prefered her over him for this particular situation. He had agreed, slightly, but I had a feeling if he woke up on time, he would insist on coming. The only person I wasn't able to shake off was, Pete. Even though I insisted I'd be fine, he insisted by following us to my appointment.

As we got closer and closer to the doctor's office, I felt myself start to panic. My breathing was all over the place and my legs were bouncing up and down, threatening to make a w\hole in Samara's car. I dug around my purse until I found my inhaler. I shook it, shoving it in my mouth, but I never got around to spraying it. I wasn't sure what the rules about being pregnant and inhalers were and I really didn't want to risk it. Dammit, I needed Harry. Other than my inhaler, he was the only thing that could ever calm me down.

Wait a minute, my inhaler. "Fuck," I practically yelled at the top of my lungs as I came to a realization, tossing the inhaler somewhere off in the backseat.

"Hey, baby girl, take it easy," Chris shouted back from the back seat. He had decided to come along, insisting that he was going to go whether I liked it or not. "What's wrong?" Samara asked at the same time, in a much more calm voice, which I appreciated.

"The inhaler, I just remembered now that it interrupts with the birth control, that's probably how I got pregnant," I informed whoever was listening.

They both spoke after that, but I wasn't hearing either one of them, I was too busy thinking how stupid I was and trying to figure out when I had used my inhaler, trying to guess about how many weeks I was. I couldn't wait for a stupid doctor to tell me. It wasn't until I felt my body shake, that I finally came back to reality.

I walked quickly into the building, feeling like I was walking straight into my doom. After I checked in, I sat down in the empty waiting room, flipping through various magazines that were laid out on the coffee table. I wasn't really reading or even looking at the pictures, I just needed something to keep my hands occupied. I mentally thanked my lucky stars that both my grandfather's were filthy rich and being their granddaughter had it's perks, for one I was able to have a doctor see me before seven and didn't have to deal with anyone asking any questions. I was sure if the press got a wiff of this, not only would the world know, but Harry would as well, and that was not what I wanted. I felt icky using my family name like that, but at this point, I think I was able to be a tad bit selfish for once.

After about a five minute wait, I was finally called back to see the doctor. Both of my best friends followed, not hesitating or waiting for an invitation. Once the nurse had prepped me and I had gotten dressed in an awful, exposing gown, the doctor had finally made an appearance. He took his sweet time looking over the folder the nurse had given him. I really wanted for him to get on with it, we both knew I was pregnant, all I wanted to know was how pregnant I was and what my options were.

"Congratulations," the chirpy Dr. Stephens smiled, closing the folder. "You are pregnant."

I suppressed my urge to say "no shit sherlock" and roll my eyes. "How far along am I?" I asked before he could tell me.

"You're about five weeks," he paused, opening his folder again. "Your due date is August 20, 2016," he answered my next question. "As far as I can tell you and your baby are completely healthy."