Chapter 15

Song:

Jealous: Nick Jonas

Wolves: One Direction

Harry's POV

I had just arrived, not even five minutes ago, and I was already annoyed by the people present, I had hoped that it was just a coincidence, but I had a feeling that it wasn't. I truly couldn't stand, Nathan or his cousin, Stephen. I had met them about two years ago at a party that Louis had, and we've been bumping into each other ever since. Nathan was an asshole in general, but Stephen and I had some heated words and physical altercations, whenever we saw each other. He had dated my sister for a few months, she never really told me what had happened between them, but the bruises and the way she had cried for weeks after they broke up was enough for me to hate him.

I had forgotten about my latest confrontation with him, while I was away with Katarina. No one else in the world mattered when I was with her. I wondered how she knew him. How could someone so kind and pure be friends with such awful people. I vaguely acknowledged the people we had met up with, with a small nod and polite smile, even though I couldn't stand most of them, I found it hard to be rude. Although, Stephen was the exception.

A few more minutes past and I felt like I was going to explode. Just as I was about to leave the group, I heard a burst of the most beautiful, familiar laughter coming from the direction of the parking lot. I turned in the direction that it came from, pleased to see the person I had expect. Katarina was linking arms with Samara as they hopped on one foot, supporting each others weight so they wouldn't fall. I often forgot how childlike she could be.

"Well go to your woman," I heard Louis say from the side of me. I turned to him with a smile, I think he is the only one who actually understands what I feel for this girl. I hadn't told him, but he usually had great intuition when it came to this stuff.

As I was about to walk over to her, she tripped over a crack in the pavement. It could have been her heels, I had quickly learned that she prefered sneakers. I rushed to her, knowing I wouldn't make it in time, Chris was actually closer, but I tried anyway. Before anyone else had moved, Stephen was at her side, catching her before she fell. She looked up at him with a small smile, thanking him as she tried to wiggle away from his grip, something she could have easily done on her own, but it was taking way too long.

I closed the distance between us in two long stride, yanking Katarina from his grip, causing her to yelp in surprise. "She asked you to let her go," I informed him as I pulled her along, tearing her away from the comfort of her two friends.

"Harry, let go, you're hurting me," she said in a low, stern voice. I let go of my grip from her arm before snaking my arm around her waist, pulling her securely against me. "Harry, I said let go," she said a little bit louder and harsher. When I didn't listen, her elbow came flying up, colliding with my sternum. It wasn't hard, but enough to get my attention, effectively causing me to release her. I heard a few oh's coming from Louis and Niall, but I had chosen to ignore them.

"Don't mess with her," Chris said wrapping his long arms around both our necks. "She'll fuck you up all on her own," he said with a proud smile. "Then you'll have to deal with me," his smile faded, turning his face to stone as he squeezed my shoulder before wedging himself between us to join the rest of the group. He didn't scare me, but I understood him. I had just acted the way, I assumed Stephen had treated my sister.

Katarina said something to Chris before he disappeared with the rest of the crowd into the cinema. "What the hell was that?" She asked, keeping her distance from me. I couldn't help but feel a little pained by her distance.