Chapter 12

Songs:

Gonna Love Ya: Avicii

Bidi Bidi Bom Bom: Selena

It Was Always You: Maroon 5

A.J.'s POV

When I woke up the next morning, the sunlight that crept through the curtains fell onto my face. I blinked a few times as I tried to adjust my eyes, I expected warmth radiating through the sheets, like it usually did when Harry and I slept in the same bed. I turned around, instead of a sleeping Harry, I was met with an empty bed and a note laying on the pillow. I rubbed my eyes, ridding them of sleep as I picked up the note to read it. 

Dear Katarina, 

I had to go work for a bit. I'll be back soon. Please don't leave. 

-H xx

I tried not to be upset about this. I knew he was going to be busy with his album coming out soon and he was going to have to do promotion for it, but I still felt annoyed that he wasn't there. Or that he didn't wake me, at least. I had no idea where we were and I was stuck in the middle of no where. I got out of bed, in search of the bathroom. I vaguely remembered Harry mentioning it the night before, but I was already half asleep and not really paying attention. Once I found it and used the restroom, I jumped in the shower. I was met with freeing water, I tried to adjust it, but it was taking too long so I just took the cold shower as fast as I could. 

I had changed into a pair of jeans, t-shirt and a giant sweater. The cabin was just as cold as the shower and I wasn't sure how to work the thermostat. I had some cereal, quickly. I wasn't really hungry, but I didn't want my head to hurt later on. While I cleaned up the kitchen, I couldn't help recall the events of last night. Despite my resistance and my fears, I was here with him, well he was gone at the moment, but that was besides the point. I was his girlfriend and he was my boyfriend. For so long I thought I could be alone, now that I was with him, I couldn't imagine why I would have thought that way.

I felt butterflies taking over my stomach as I thought about him. Just the memory of him, his smile and his beautiful way sent a thrill through my entire body. I found myself giggling like an idiot as I remembered the night before. After we had done, things, we spent the rest of the night talking about nothing and everything all at once. Much like we had the night we met and he had taken me to the diner and the park. 

To take my mind off of Harry, I decided to do a little exploring. Nothing major, I only managed to get as far as the living room when I was met by a bunch of family pictures. Most of them were of Harry, his sister and another person I didn't know, but he seemed to be around the same age as them. Since I was still being reminded of my new boyfriend. 

Boyfriend. That was a strange word. A strange word for me, anyway. 

Intoxicating. Being in this cabin, alone, with Harry's presence surrounding me was intoxicating. I grabbed my phone from the room we were staying in and headed out the back door. Since I didn't know the area, I knew I wouldn't be able to go our for a run without getting lost. 

The back was open, nothing separating the cabin from the woods. Of course, curiosity got the best of me and I needed to go further into the woods to see what was out there. I looked around until I found a long rope sitting on top of a stack of chopped firewood. I grabbed it, making my way through the trees until the cabin was barley in view. I tied it around a tree trunk before going deeper into the vast woods.