Chapter 37

Songs:

Crazy Little Thing Called Love: Queen

Free Run: Chris Brown

Yellow/Us Against The Word: Coldplay

Try: Nelly Furtado

Harry's POV

"You are supposed to be on my side," Katarina grumbled as she stalked passed me to sit on the bed in just her towel, getting dressed in sweats a a t-shirt, quickly.

It was a little amusing to see her act this way. She was acting like a grumpy child that was being forced to do something she didn't want to do. I sort of understood why she didn't want to go, but I agreed for my own selfish reasons. I wanted to see her in a beautiful dress, she always looked breathtaking.

"Sorry, I thought you wanted to go," I lied.

I tried not to laugh when she whipped her head around, narrowing her eyes at me as she pulled out her phone. She knew I was lying. Her fingers flew across the phone screen, at the same time there was another knock on the door.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I walked over to the door.

"Getting Sam here,"

"Why?" I opened the door, a large group of people were standing there looking eager.

"That's why," Katarina came up from behind me, letting the people in. "Max Sloan is always prepared, this is what Sam would call a "glam squad" and thanks to you they're going to be here all day, so I need Sam."

I saw the frustration grow inside her. She really did hate this life. She was more of the adventurous type that preferred t-shirt and jeans over dresses and heels. I mean most of our closet was filled with clothes that still had price tags on them. I imagined those were the clothes Samara had picked out for her. What the hell was I thinking when I agreed to this. I thought we'd have fun, but this wasn't fun, she was miserable and the day had just begun. Not to mention how livid Id become towards her grandfather. I don't know what I was going to do when I saw him tonight.

"Make yourselves at home," I mumbled to the home invaders as I took Katarina into our room.

I sat on our bed, pulling her onto my lap, both knees on either side of me. I rubbed her thighs softly, watching her closely. She was scared. "Baby, you don't have to be scared, I'll be right there next to you the entire time," I reassured her.

"I'm not afraid Harry," her voice lacked all the confidence she usually exerted.

I stared at her for a moment, letting her know that she couldn't fool me. Seconds later, tears rimmed the edges of her eyes. She was afraid of more than just a stupid gala and dresses. It finally hit me. She was running from the life that was meant for her because she felt she couldn't handle it.

"Harry, I don't know how to do this," her voice came out small and cracked. "This isn't me."

"It's not," I agreed. "Because you're so much better than you give yourself credit for. You can do this Katarina. All of it. I promise."

She stayed there sitting on my lap, lost in thought. I kept the slow pace and rhythm of my hands rubbing up and down her thighs until there was another knock at our door.

"Baby, that's probably Samara," I said softly, pulling her out of her silent thoughts.

She nodded but remained still. I kissed her forehead as I slipped her onto the mattress. I made my way, quickly to the door. When I opened it, Samara was standing there with Niall next to her. I narrowed my eyes for a moment before I remembered that they supposedly had something going on between them. They were probably together when Katarina called her.