Chapter 10

Harry's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I had set it late last night when I had came home. I decided against calling Katarina, I wasn't sure she would appreciate my calling her past midnight. My plan was to come straight home, but Kelly had other plans for me. She had decided it was a good idea to get drunk and cause drama. Since I had offered her to call me if she ever needed anything, she did just that. Once I had successfully picked her up from the club she was at and had gotten her home in one piece, I remembered that I had promised Katarina that I would call her the moment I got home. 

I rubbed my eyes, freeing them from sleep as I unplugged my phone from where it had been charging through the night. I had a few notifications, texts and missed calls, but I ignored them once I scanned them, making sure none were from Katarina. Which they weren't. I went to her contact info, pushing the call button before pressing it to my ear as I threw myself back on my mattress. 

It rang a few time before she finally answered, "Hello?" She asked, her voice sounded sad, but I couldn't be sure. I was probably imagining it, still half asleep. 

"Good morning," I said, not knowing exactly how to start off the conversation. "I know it's early, but I was wondering if we could hang out tonight, again?" I asked, trying not to sound too desperate. After all we had spent the entire weekend together. 

There was a long pause, I had to check to see if she was still on the line. "Actually, I'm going to be busy tonight." She rushed her words. Was she lying?

"Oh, what are your plans?" I tested her. Just in case.

She paused again before she finally spoke. "Samara and I are going out with some friends to this new night club." Club? She hated clubs and parties. If her voice wasn't a dead give away, this was. She was lying to me. But, why?

"I thought you didn't do the whole nightclub thing?" I asked, testing her again.

"I don't, but Samara asked and I couldn't say no. Besides it's a friends club and I'll be there to support." She seemed to be telling the truth this time. 

"Can we do lunch than?" I gave up on tonight, but hopefully she would agree to lunch at least.

Another long pause. "I'm busy with work all day, sorry." There was a hint of uncertainty in her voice, but mostly regret , but I knew she was being honest this time. 

"Oh," I tried to hide how pissed I had suddenly become. "Maybe another time than," I added, still hopeful that she would change her mind. 

"Yeah, maybe," she sounded upset. "Bye, Harry."

"Bye, A.J.," I said, trying not to be so desperate and maybe add some distance between us. Because that had worked so well for me before. 

I hung up the phone and tossed it across the bed, instantly regretting my choice of words. I was such an idiot. Why did I have to call her A.J.? It was a somewhat unspoken rule between us that I didn't call her that. But there I went doing just that, anyway. To me she was Katarina. Not, A.J. the cold tomboy that everyone had the pleasure of meeting. Not, Kit, the cheerful, playful, child-like girl, very few knew. She was Katarina, a mix of both with that also included a very closed off and hurt girl as well as a woman ready to face the world with kindness and a smile. That's who she was to me, only I knew her that way. Only I knew who she was, truly. 

I didn't know what her problem was, but I decided to give her some space to clear her head. Nothing crazy, just one day before I demanded to know what was going on. Maybe she was mad because I hadn't called her the night before. I tried to run with that, but the more I thought about it, the more stupid it sounded. She wasn't the type to get upset over something like that. It was too trivial for someone like her. 

I hadn't realized it, but I had spent an entire hour just thinking about what the hell could be Katarina's problem. Once I had come up dry, I sat up. I should probably be getting ready anyway. I had a lot to do today myself and none of it was going to get done if I stayed in bed all day just thinking of Katarina. I tended to do that lately. Get lost in thought, just thinking about her. It was really becoming a problem. Not that I minded. 

I showered quickly before getting ready and heading out for the day. I had a few thoughts about going to visit Katarina, if she couldn't come to me, I'd go to her. But, I remembered her mood from earlier as well as her constant lying over the phone. She clearly did not want to see me, so there was really no point in going to her if she wasn't going to be happy about it. 

By five in the evening, I had finished with the errands I had to run and I was pretty much free for the rest of the night. I had planned it this was, hoping that by now I would be heading over to Katarina's to spend the rest of the night with her. 

As I closed the door behind me, my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket, annoyed that it wasn't Katarina. But the annoyance faded slightly when I realized it was John, a friend I had made a few years back. "Hello?" I answered by the forth ring. 

"Hey," he spoke loudly, there was something loud in the background. "How about you get your ass down here for this club opening tonight, I won't take no for an answer."

I had actually forgot that his club was opening tonight, he had invited me so long ago that it didn't even cross my mind when I was talking to Katarina this morning. Wait, Katarina was going to an opening tonight. Could it be the same one? How many clubs were opening in London tonight?

"Come on, it'll be fun, there's a whole bunch of girls, crazy rich girls looking for a good time, a few celebrities. It's your kind of scene."

"Samara Cruz and Chris Brown won't happen to be going will they?" I asked as casually as I possibly could. 

"Actually, they're VIP's, why? How do you know Sam?" He asked.

"Mutual friend," was all I said. "Yeah, of course I wouldn't miss it," I lied. I could care less about going to his club opening, it was nothing against him, but, you've seen one, you've seen them all. The only reason I was actually going was on the off chance that I would run into Katarina. That's all that really mattered to me.

"Great," John laughed. "I'll see you here than."

We said our goodbyes before hanging up. I had at least five hours left to kill before I actually had to leave or even get to the stupid club. I hoped that I wouldn't find Katarina there and that she had lied to me, I couldn't imagine my beautiful girl surrounded by stupid drunk men trying to get her drunk and feel her up. Another, stupid part of me hoped that she would be. I was intrigued deeply by the thought of what she might wear to a place like that. She was already running around in my imagination fully clothed and looking sexy, now I would have do deal with the thought of a semi clothed Katarina running around, distracting me even further. 

God, she was torturing me without even knowing it. 

I waited the entire fucking five hours it took until I was able to leave and head out for the club. It was torture, brutal fucking torture trying to keep myself from calling Katarina in those five hours. But, somehow I managed. It took a little imagination, but that's all I had to work with at the moment.